Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Day 184 Trying to be Productive

I can't seem to get these pictures to go where I want them, so here you go.  Justin, age 2!

Benaiah, age 5!

What is your definition of "being productive?"  Mine is crossing items off of my to do lists.  Not the ordinary every day kind of things like cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.  I have a long "project" list, but I try to focus on 2 or 3 a day.  Well, today did not get off to a great start.  One of the biggest projects on our list was switching out the refrigerator in the condo with one that we were given recently.  What we didn't realize was that the water was hooked up to it because it has an ice dispenser.  Jared was unable to shut off the water and disconnect it.  But we didn't realize that until after we had taken the doors off the new fridge and bought ice for coolers to put food in from the old fridge.  I had also moved stuff around in the living room for this project, so now, my living room is chaos.  Sigh.  I'm glad we have space to move things around though.

I also went to the barn where our other stuff is stored and was impressed by how I was able to look at all the numbers on the boxes and identify and easily pull out ones that I want at the condo.  It wasn't perfectly organized, but it's good enough for me to work with.  I found the last game/puzzle box, so that closet is complete!  Again, I was impressed that I could say, "wow, that's all we have?" instead of "wow, there's MORE to put in?"  I'm really feeling the effects of all the purging and it's a great thing.  Now, if we could only find Justin's Lego games for the PS4, we'd be golden.  They are his favorite games and we can't find them anywhere!

So, despite the fridge mishap (we had to replug in the old one for the time being), it was a productive day in that I got a much needed nap and I took care of the boxes.  Everyone got fed and cleaned up and they played their games.  Benaiah mowed the grandparents' lawn again as well.  Keturah had a quiet day because the cousins went to their aunt's house for an overnight, so she had Grandma all to herself.  Justin helped me at the barn and Abishai had lots of fun riding in the car for all our errands like getting ice and going to Grandpa's house.  We know Abishai is very observant because it didn't take very long for him to learn how to ask for more food and saying please using sign language.  I also think he sometimes has a song in his head because he randomly claps.  I'm looking forward to a quiet week next week when Benaiah is at CIY and Keturah is at overnight Bible camp.  Abishai, Justin, and I (and maybe Jared) will have fun exploring maybe the library and a pool or something.

Meanwhile, I found some fun pictures I will share with you know.  Here goes.

Justin asked Benaiah if he would play Lego with him, and Benaiah said yes! I'm not sure what they are building, but I guess we won't be using the dining room table to eat at for awhile.

What do brothers like to do?  Wrestle of course!  Abishai thinks it's hilarious when Benaiah and Justin wrestle, so he'll come over and just laugh at them while they play.

Broadside, the board game!

Look what I found!  A 5 yr old Benaiah! 






A 2 year old Justin!  See, Justin did have blondish hair!

The lovely Shauna from yesterday.  She totally looks like she would fit in on Downton Abbey!

Grandma and the granddaughters.

The hostess', Alisha and I.

This is what the boys did while we were messing with the fridges.

Making car noises.

A new sign gifted to me.  It fits perfectly with my style!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment