Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Day 231: Girlie Time

Keturah and I had some errands to run, so Grandma came to watch the boys.  Keturah rode in the cart through the whole store, including picking out a Lego set for her friend's birthday.  But first we had to get some pop from the soda fountain at Meijer.  I had a diet Coke and Keturah had red sugar cherry flavored syrup.  It was supposed to be a freezee.  The machine had broken.  And we searched and searched, but blue moon flavored ice cream was recalled and not restocked.  It's only found in chain stores like Meijer in Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana, and maybe Illinois.  It's kind of like the blue ice cream in "superman" or "scooperman."  Anyway, I was busy with my very long to do list, so the kids did their own things.  Here are some of them.

Grandma helped Justin bake a cake!  He used a bit of every frosting and sprinkle we had on the top.  It looks yummy!

Yes, I think a tornado went through our house.  And that tornado's name is Abishai.

Electronics!

Keturah convinced me to buy brightly colored ice cream cones, so they each had their own creation.  Keturah's is blueberry ice cream with a white chocolate ball on top!

Justin has his with some of his cake, and he ate his white chocolate ball before I got to take a picture.

OOOO, I got a great picture of his eyes!  First ice cream cone on his own!  He's been eating frozen yogurt or ice cream since he was 4 months old.  He loved eating it on his own!

Fingers in his ice cream cone.

Why did I buy the fancy cones with tons of food coloring? Don't know but he's cute!

Smiles.

We practice singing and dancing at the table, so he's clapping for "If You are Happy and You Know It" song.

Hooray!

Blue tongue from blue food coloring.
Cute baby selfie.

This is how Abishai learned to climb up: I was lying down on the couch and he used me to get on the back of the couch.  So, I thought, why not teach him to use the armrest to do it so I don't have to sit here all the time.  He thought it was hilarious.  He pulls himself up with holding onto the half wall.  So adventurous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment