Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Year 7, July 25th-31st, 2022: The Missing Week aka The Beginning of the End

 Monday through Sunday

- I typed not a word this week. And how did it feel? Pretty good actually. Actually, I did have to type words for the IAHE Newsletter and I had to prepare documents for an IAHE event on Saturday. 

3 months later.......

- This marks the beginning of the end of the J6 Blog as it has been for the last 6 years since returning from Prince Edward Island. Life has taken a turn where I am become burned out on many things, including rushing to remember daily life. It is currently 3 months from when this blog post was supposed to be published. I have tried to keep up here and there and after this post there are some nearly complete blog posts that you will see. However, there are some weeks where I didn't do anything. I didn't write anything or upload photos or videos. Now, I have backed up everything. And I might have updated my status to Facebook and written some memories there. In fact, I've been enjoying the more instant feedback of Facebook again. And I've contemplated just going back to making photo albums there with captions. Platforms have improved and printing services have come along that will print the captions, too, instead of just making digital photobooks on a separate website. So, I might have other options to accomplish my goals in sharing out stories.

- That being said, for these last 3 months worth of blog posts, I plan to carefully post what I have written, and try to fill in some gaps as I have time. I will publish the posts, and going forward, I will just upload and caption photos instead of narrating a complete day by day journal. Because there's still some funny moments to share. And field trips that are pretty cool that we go on. As I write this, Keturah is finally on that Israel trip I was supposed to go on! 

- So bear with me, as I figure out where I stopped and what gaps I want to fill. I won't publish everything all at once. I will trickle them out a few per day over the coming weeks. I don't like incomplete projects. I'm ok with incomplete posts, but not the fact that I haven't published them, and can't move on because of everything being jumbled on my side of the blog. Now that life has settled down a bit, November seems like a good time to catch everyone up to speed.

- So sit back and relax, and enjoy whatever it is I was able to produce. This will be a run ride we're on, I'm sure of it! I'm sure it will come to light why life has been so chaotic and how the start of our homeschool year was so jumbled.

- And for the record, yes, I do have a spreadsheet that tells me what I have left to do on each blog post. And yes, it will be staring me in the face forever taunting me and reminding me of the summer that life went off the rails. And that's 100% ok. I knew I would have to give up the blog at some point. That's why I just let it all happen naturally.....Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment