Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Year 3, February 1st-3rd, 2018:

I can't remember Thursday, but we were all home in the evening.

Friday, we were home, Benaiah got up late, I had a Lilla Rose vendor event, and Benaiah and Ethan went with Grandpa to play Euchre with other guys.

Saturday was an early morning because the boys had Bible Bowl competition and I had my classical book study.  The boys' team went undefeated, partly because the team members had been switched around with the other Indian Creek team, and partly because they study a ton!  They were first place this month!  Yeah!  I won't get to see them play much this year because I have some kind of event on most first Saturday's of the months.  Bummers!  Book study was great, as always, and I come away with oh so many tips and new insights on homeschooling.  It's so important to feed yourself from the great feast of knowledge with life long learning and self improvement and then share what you know with those that are coming up the ranks behind you.  You need both mentor and mentee relationships!  Then I spent the rest of the afternoon on making a spreadsheet for Lilla Rose transactions from last year.  It wasn't overwhelming and I thoroughly enjoyed putting all the pieces together and making it from scratch so I could gather the numbers I needed for taxes. I think I'm finally at the threshold of having to file taxes for this year, even after expenses.  I'm got a couple of other things to figure out, then I fill out the forms for Jared's job, which Gary can help with that, and the rest is straight forward.  Simplest taxes in 7 years.  And then I can use the spreadsheet this year with Lilla Rose, and perhaps Young Living someday.  Or not.  But it's fun and it uses my 4 year degree, so I'm happy.

We are getting some snow tonight, then somewhat full Sunday.  There's no high school Crave after church tomorrow afternoon because of the Superbowl.  I won't rant on here, but I'm a New Hampshire girl and I, and my siblings, root for the New England Patriots if they are playing, which they are.  I don't care what the media has done to blow out of proportion what they did a few years back with "cheating."  There's always new coaches and players being switched around on these teams, and I'm sure they have learned their lessons and can play fairly.  Don't let a few rotten apples leave a bad taste in your mouth about a team or group of people (maybe I need to take my own advice!).  So.....Go....Patriots!

Well, we won't watch the Superbowl because we don't have cable, the ads can be found on YouTube later, and tidbits of the halftime show as well.  And the halftime show is usually too showy and sometimes inappropriate.  And it goes past kids' bedtimes.  So, we are party poopers and I don't regret it.  I'm still on Whole30 and can't enjoy the food either.  And we don't have a small group to hang out with.  It's just no a priority, and jimmy crack corn and I don't care.  But, I'll keep track of the score via the internet and celebrate if Patriots win.  And go on with my evening and week.  It's just a game of football!  I saw something on my email or social media today, that second only to Christmas, more money is spent on ads, the event itself (tickets, the halftime show, etc), and Superbowl parties with friends and families than any other holiday (at least in the United States).  That includes Memorial Day and Independence Day and Easter.  Hm,....it makes me shake my head at this post modern United States.  Football, really?!  I did enjoy my high school Superbowl parties up at Restoration House a couple of times.  I've been to some parties throughout the years.  But it's just not something we are into.

Anyway, moving on.  Full week ahead....

Abishai enjoyed watching a vlog with me.  They were on a hike and exploring some woods and a frozen river/pond enjoying every minute detail of it.  And then when they switched to being at home, they had filmed their cat, and Abishai wanted to pet the screen!  It was so adorable!

Mommy's little helper!

That's right, we did a perfect pick up on Thursday!  And now it totally looks like a bomb went off again.  Oh well, the floors were disgusting!  I did pull the trampoline backwards a bit because he's sitting so close!

Cuteness!

Cars every day, all day.

1st place Bible Bowl trophy for this month!  I wish I had been there to get pictures of the team!  It was Jordan, Benaiah, Justin, and Lydia.


Keturah got a sweet letter from cousin Everly today!  Very long letter and great penmanship and grammar!  Shauna, I need your secrets in teaching handwriting!

Justin's very cool drawing of one of the weapons from his video game.  He free hand drew it after looking at a picture on his phone.  I think it's time to start drawing maps for geography like we talked about at our book study today!

I try to wear everything in my closet, and I have this shirt that is my "ugly Christmas sweater" shirt just in case.  Well, I wore it today, knowing it would be under a sweatshirt most of the day.  Abishai enjoyed playing with the little pom pom that was attached to it.

Abishai insisted on wearing the helmet that day.  Another daily occurrence at our house.

Beef stew meat in Tessame's basic meat marinade for a more asian type supper.

Cauliflower rice again with stir fry veggies and cconut aminos (fake soy sauce).  The kids ate all of it up!

Doggy never gets enough lovin'!

Justin, Keturah and I broke out our new Clue board game.  We hadn't opened it yet since we just used the cousins' one while we were there for Christmas.  We played the normal way, not with the new extra cards.  And they replace Mrs. White with Dr. Orchid.  How very up to date and PC! Anyway, Justin guessed first but was wrong.  I guessed second and won.  One of the cards Justin needed, Keturah had, but it was stuck to another card so she didn't show it!  Oops!

Cute little blankie boy.

In her happy place.

Waking 'Miah up with some songs and a very loud keyboard that clearly needs new batteries!

Wake up, 'Miah!

I can't wait to see this next week in person!  I'm hoping we aren't way up in the rafters!  It's a first come first serve general admission arrangement.

My booth at a mini vendor fair.  Someone put together an open house so her daughter could sell some Girl Scout cookies and she could help out her direct sales friends.  I saw it on Facebook and simply asked if I could join.  No fees, just kindness.  I bought some cookies as my "fee" just for fun.  I sold 4 items, which doesn't sound like much, but I think we had about a dozen people total come through.  Oh, and it was half a mile away!  Franklin Central Christian Church on the corner of Southeastern and Franklin Rd. across from our CVS.  Small church, but it works.  I had fun, bought a pouch for my essential oils since that vendor gave all of us 25% off, saw a couple of my friends, and just had a fairly quiet evening out. My partner in crime couldn't make it, and that's ok, there wasn't much traffic.  We'll be doing a huge event in April together.

This came out of the vanilla wafer box!  It's a vanilla wafer snowman, lol!  All stuck together. Too cute!

Somebody doesn't think he's ready for a nap.  Oh, and he went to Grandma's house this morning in his pj's, sandals with socks (it was like 5 degrees outside), his regular winter coat and Keturah's pink winter hat.  He and Keturah ate a cookie, played cars, watched some TV, and enjoyed themselves.

I had an oppurtunity to try out this hack!  Keturah had used the scissors on duct tape and I couldn't get the sticky part off with a scrubbie or my nails.  But I had learned that lemon oil was great for getting gunk off, and it did!  Never ever put lemon oil (and I think other citrus oils) in styrofoam or plastic as it will eat away at it.  At least the pure stuff does.

Trampolines make great race tracks.

Speaking of geography, Keturah wanted to know where Chicago was because the big American Girl store is there.  I told her to go look it up!  Then she found Gary, Indiana and said Grandpa should check it out!

Ready for his nightly "go get 'em" game with Daddy.

Weapon drawing and original picture by Justin.


No comments:

Post a Comment