Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Friday, August 3, 2018

Year 3, July 25th, 2018: Wednesday, V11, Part 2, Millennial Park, American Girl, and the "L"

(continued from previous post, the main paragraph)  It was a rough send off, but we recovered as we walked and rode buses....the rest of the story will continue in the next post.  Let's just say that I've come to realize that the term "vacation" and how one does "vacation" varies widely between people and once you realize that there is a certain way you prefer to do museums or vacations, it's hard to be flexible with others that have done them a certain way for years and years.  It's something we will have to have work on on future trips.  Some feelings were very hurt on both sides.  I mention this because it did set the tone for the day, and that greatly affects the overall "did you have a great vacation?" answer.  Sometimes being together 24/7 reveals some issues that you truly haven't fully dealt with or resolved or it's a brand new issue because everyone is further along on their life journeys and are in different places than they were.   I'm not blaming anyone and specifics don't need to be told.  But it was mentally and emotionally exhausting for everyone involved.  I'm sure we can work things out before our next trip though.  And I'm glad I was articulate to myself some anxieties and hang ups and preferences I haven't been able to put words to before.  There was tension, but I think mentally, I was able to make progress in my own thinking.  And for the record, the issues lie mostly with me, my attitudes, my personality, my personal journey and growth (or non growth).  I just don't want the future readers, (myself or the kids) to forget that we did have some trouble, but we were able to figure it out eventually.  We are always learning how to communicate better and articulate our thoughts and learn how to discuss rather than run away or argue.  We all have a long way to go with it, especially and always with family, no matter how close or far apart we are, no matter how "Christian" or "holy" or "saved by grace" we are, we are all human and we all change and we all have issues, yes, even those in ministry, especially those in ministry because everyone looks up to them, whether or not they consciously do it or not.  Now let's move on to the rest of the day.....

While Gary, Leah, and Benaiah enjoyed the pier, the rest of us saw the cool outdoor concert area in the park, as well as the splash fountains.  Then we took a bus north on Michigan, aka, the Magnificent Mile, known for all of it's fancy shops and food, over the Chicago River, past Trump tower and the Chicago Tribune, to the American Girl doll store.  This store has been the only thing on Keturah's mind since the word "Chicago" was uttered as a vacation destination.  Grandma and Grandpa had zero desire to see it and don't know the significance of it.  I didn't know the significance of going to this particular store with Keturah was to me until we made our first quick pass through it and I lost it.  Like full on sobbing.  I believe I've written about it before, but, my mom and I had had a plan that maybe Gary and Leah could buy on of these very expensive dolls (not any more expensive than a large Lego set though) and my mom would make all the clothes for it.  My mom bought ALL the sewing patterns, American Girl doll brand or generic 18 inch doll brand(s), and I've kept them ever since.  She had started making some clothes when Keturah was little and before she passed away, so we do have a couple of things.  The other thing to realize is that I've been wanting an American Girl doll and/or been in love with them for almost 25 years myself.  And since my parents spent on us in other ways, I never could bring myself to ask for any of the name brand items from them.  American Girl dolls were originally based on 5 dolls with stories set in different time periods, like Felicity was based in 1776 and Kit was based in the early 1900's, and Samantha was based in or slightly before or after the Civil War, as well as Addy, an African American girl.  We still own the older additions of the books.  I would receive their catalogs on occasion and pour through them.  You can also customize a doll to look almost like you by picking out hair color, eye color, skin tone, hair style, eyeglasses, etc.  You can also purchase one without hair specifically for those going through cancer treatments.  And you can buy a hearing aid for the doll, a wheelchair, earrings, etc.  It's pretty neat.  So, with all that in mind, my mom heavily involved in our plans to spoil Keturah, my history with the brand, and the fact that I would have made the effort to bring my mom with us when Keturah was old enough to be into AG and my mom was in good enough health to make the big trip, all those feelings (coupled with the conflicts earlier in the day) made for the perfect storm.  I balled my eyes out.  I never ball my eyes out.  And I didn't care that I was in the middle of the store.  I was simply a wreck.  My mom should have been there.  We should be able to afford a real AG doll for her, not a on clearance one from another store.  All the feelings.  So I cried and then sent the boys off to the Lego store next door so we could comb the store inch by inch and take it all in.

And that's exactly what we did.  We oohed and aahed.  Keturah is very knowledgable in what the store has and how it's set up because of the YouTube videos she watched of another girl going through it in the California one.  She knew that there was a hair salon (so you can get your doll's hair done), an ear piercing salon for you and/or your doll (which we can't do her doll because it's not an AG doll), a cafe and a sweet shop.  And so many displays of all the dolls, the historical ones, the itty bitty babies, the customizable ones, the new doll of the year (which started back in the early 2000's), and all the gazillion accessories.  There were outfits that matched child with doll.  There were the $150 egg chair or camper for the doll.  There were hair brushes and curling papers for the dolls.  So much awesomeness!  And don't forget underwear for the doll, too.  And of course the books and DVD's they've produced.  We settled on Keturah getting her doll's hair done, having lemonade and sweets at the cafe, and letting her pick out a few items with her souvenir money and monies she has saved at home.  It didn't take her too long to decide.  She's very decisive.  We walked away with lots of great memories made.

Meanwhile the boys were bored to tears.  The Lego store held their attention for a bit, but not for the full two hours we spent in the store.  Justin was upset before we even got on the bus to go to the park because he thought we were going to the aquarium and going back to the hotel.  He had no idea we would be out until 9pm.  Sorry, bud, you can play video games and Lego at home.  Abishai was just stir crazy tired, although he had napped on the way in this morning to the aquarium, (which had made him mad for the first bit of it).  Riding the bus to and from AG was fine.  Lots to see and they weren't over crowded.  Then we switched it up and rode the elevated or "L" train just for the fun of it around the "loop" downtown.  Chicago also has a subway, but I remember the "L" from TV shows like E.R. and you get to see the buildings and as Abishai puts it "offices like Daddy has an office."  Gary, Leah, and Benaiah ate out of the cooler before we met back up with them.  I think they waited a couple of hours for us to get back.  Keturah and I weren't that hungry, and the boys had snacked out of the diaper bag, so we managed to fill up enough that we didn't need more food for the day.  On our drive home, Jared took us past the location of where the first man made nuclear reaction was done on the University of Chicago's campus.  Then we got to see more of the story in the Museum of Science and Industry the next day.  We did get back to the hotel close to bedtime, as I had predicted.  We were all worn out and dropped like flies into bed quickly.  No one even asked about swimming.

Here comes our "Tayo" bus!  I don't think Grandma and Grandpa understood why it was so cool to us to ride a city bus.  After watching an animated TV show entirely based on city buses, the connection between the two was real. And when all three younger kids can tell you the names of every kind of bus on the TV show....well, you get the point.

Taking the 146 north!  I think we rode on the 147 on the way back.  And 3 on the way to the AG store?  A couple of routes had been changed because of construction so it's hard to tell.  And Grandparents with Benaiah took bus route #29 to the pier.

On the bus! Be happy we aren't walking 3 miles just to get to the stores!

Apparently some of us didn't get the sunglasses memo.  I don't have prescription sunglasses and the sunglasses I have don't fit over my current frames, so I wear a hat instead if I need to.  Most of the time I just deal with it.  But given we were in between tall buildings, the sun really wasn't in our eyes that much.

The bus was clean and working well.

First bus ride!  He did enjoy the bus and the "L" train and looking out the window.  Maybe because he also didn't have to be in a car seat.

Super long bus with rubber connector!

I spy police vehcicles!

The red line was the subway.  But you can see part of the "loop" downtown.  The bus route was next to the loop (and it's below the loop in this picture, which is actually east of the loop).

It's time to get off!  The stops came quick!

It's so cool how the bus is pretty much cut in half and can turn one part at a time!

Starting our walk downtown.

As Jared said, "Trees are greater than buildings."  There will be several pictures where trees do invade my picture!  I don't know what this is, but I recognize it as a famous theater perhaps?

Oh, that building again, lol.  Up close and real this time.

Now I know why this caught my attention!  It looks like the apartment building on Sesame Street, which of course based on Boston, but still, pretty neat.

Subway entrance.

Just your average day in Chicago.  Actually, it probably was one of their best days of the year, weather wise.  I'm sure they get plenty of wind and snow from the lake, which I can't imagine how THAT snarls up traffic.  Good grief!

World HQ perhaps?  I just know the Prudential company is a huge insurance company.

Yes, we are in the biggest park of a major city which means there are pigeons, just like in the movies.

Trees and skyline.

So many big buildings, not just a handful like we have.

"The bean!"  I don't know the signficance of this art piece, but I do know that it's a cool concept.  You can see the skyline from behind you!

Ta da!

So neat!

And now we can see the skyline to the west.  Pretty cool art piece.

Ice cream truck, trolley, ambulance (?), just ordinary sights, right?

The famous fountain towers at Millennial Park where the water continuously runs down from the top and the face actually changes.  The kids did want to play in it of course, but we didn't let them because we weren't prepared.  I went past both the Bean and these fountains and the amphitheater below with Keturah 9 years ago.

Free classical concerts at this cool outdoor amphitheater.

A green taxi!  And Wilson HQ?

On Michigan Ave., aka the Magnificent Mile, and what do I see?  The Chicago Blackhawks store!  Perfect for our friend Bob Crockett on PEI who is a big fan!

This one is for my mother, who always loved great chocolate but could never afford it.  Fannie May!

Chicago River!  Yes, Keturah and I walked up here from Millennial Park (well, she was in the stroller with our luggage and I pushed) and we ended up on the lower level.  I could not find a way up to the street level we were on on this trip unless it was winding stairs at one of the towers.  I had to wait until a kind guy helped us up.  It was awful and exhausting.  But memorable!  And it was either this street, Michigan, or one over, right next to the Chicago Tribune and other newspaper/media related buildings.


Chicago has some cool architecture and some day I'll go on a vacation without kids where I can linger and really study this stuff.  Someday.


Our kids don't know what the Disney Store is because we don't have one in the mall we go to the most.  But there was one in our mall in NH and I would visit it every single time because that's as close to Disney we ever got as kids.  And now that we've been to Disney World, the store's selection of products seems tame.

The John Hancock building and a beautiful theater in front of it.
Meanwhile, Benaiah, Grandma and Grandpa were enjoying a nice stroll down the Navy Pier.  Perfect weather for it!  Lots of shops and a few amusement rides like the famous ferris wheel.

Looking out on Lake Michigan.

City skyline looking down the pier, so looking mostly west.

Are you ready to be spammed with pictures of the American Girl doll store?? Well, I did try to "cull" them but there's just too much to share.  And since this is a once in a lifetime trip, I'm going for it!  A dream come true for the both of us.  This is before I lost it.

The "egg" chair in real life!  Yes, you can purchase I doll sized one, too.  She has been talking about this chair for months and months.  Abishai wanted to be part of the action, too.  They had lots of these little photo ops of life sized products.

A camper based from the '70's.  So incredible!  And yes, they are well made.  Solid plastic and metal and NOT the flimsy stuff we found at Toys R Us.

Interesting concept.  CLEAR rainboots so you can customize them based on whatever knee high socks you are wearing that day.

Megablocks brand, but American Girl doll "Lego!" Keturah doesn't like this brand that much so she hasn't asked for them.

Here is an example of how it works.  They take a historically based theme, and write about 6 stories based on it that describes the doll's adventures at school, at home, at Christmas, and other special times.  This is Kaya and she's been around for a bit.  She's a plains Indian and based in 1764 actually.  As far as I know, these historically based characters are not too heavy on the politics, but might bring up say how white man came to their village or something.  I haven't read this particular series though.  So each book also has an outfit and accessories that go with it (everything is sold separately).  Then there's a couple of bigger pieces that complete the set.  This set is probably worth $1,000 or more.  The horse alone is over $100, and the teepee is $150.  The doll is $110 or so.  Each book by itself is $10, etc. etc. 

Such a gorgeous teepee!  Solidly built, and easy to resell.

Aren't this accessories so cute and well made?

I've always wanted one of their horses!  And cute wolf too.

These are the original series that have been retired.  Felicity from 1770's, Addy, from the 1860's (I think), and Samantha, from the 1890's (again, I think).  Felicity was always my favorite.

A close up of Kaya.  My mom LOVED native American stuff because she lived in Texas for a bit in her 20's.  She would have LOVED to see this character!

The upstairs was just for display so we didn't get to see it up close, but I think it was to represent a girl's bedroom.  It looks heavenly!

American Girl is all about "empowering girls," which is fine if it's done in the right context.  Girls do need to be encouraged.  And I've never found the themes or the accessories inappropriate like I have with dolls like the Bratz dolls, or Monster High, or even My Little Pony. 

It's so huge!


This year's doll of the year is Lucinda, an astronaut!  How awesome!  I would have LOVED this one growing up as well.

Some of the past dolls of the year.

As I was saying, you can pick out an almost exact match to your likeness, even if you don't have hair or sit in a wheelchair!

Yes, they include all skin tones and always have.

Time for the pampering area.  There were two stories to this store, too.  The ear piercing shop for the real girls is to the right and the doll hair salon is the right.  The sweet shops are in the far back.

Doll hair salon!  Isn't it adorable!  Sweetest employees, too.

In the sweet shop we had our special "tea," your doll can sit with you in a special high chair of sorts that clips onto the table.  Here is Keturah and her doll Joanna.

This was our menu, although we had some things swapped out to make it gluten free.  We shared just ONE of these tea meals because it costs so stinkin' much!  But worth it for the memories.  Keturah got pink lemonade, not tea, and I had water.  In fact most of these were substituted as you'll see below.

Adorable light fixtures! And the same pink and black and white theme throughout.

These flowers were on the light fixtures, too.

The real cloth napkins were wrapped in a keepsake hairband.

We laughed because we got two strawberries literally cut up in these little pieces.  You certainly pay for the experience, not the food.

A better picture of the lights and overall theme.

Matching mother/daughter hairbands.

This is it!  Yes, stop snickering.  This is all we got with our $25 meal.  Oh well, at least I could eat it!  There was a turkey sandwich, fruit, veggies with hummus and another sweet dressing type dip, a gluten free muffin with jelly, and the sorbet in the flower pot.  Oh and the pink lemonade.

It was yummy and filled us up just enough to not be starving on the way home.

More fruit and sorbet.  Don't let that cup deceive you though.  Basically what you see of the sorbet on top is what you get.  the cup is NOT hollow.  We didn't talk about much or anything special but just reveled in the fact we were there.

Joanna in her high chair.  She's definitely ready for her hair makeover.  Oh, and check out those cute seat cushions!

Now looking out from the cafe' back down towards the hair salon.  Yup, quality.

We had the SWEETEST hair stylist, I think she was a Christian, who just talked and talk with Keturah making her feel special.  And for a girl that doesn't show much girliness, I am thrilled to see that Keturah does care a little bit about the girly stuff, just like I do.  We aren't over the moon about the latest trends, but we care enough not to be frumps, lol.

The tools of the trade: plain water in a sprayer bottle, a wire brush, a comb, hairpins, and a two sided scrub looking brush, which actually did an excellent job smoothing out the hair.  I want to find all of these for Keturah so she can keep her doll and her Barbies looking great.  Joanna's hair did get stretched out in the process, so the lady did trim the ends a little bit with scissors.

The hairstyle cost as much as an adult's hairstyle would.  $15

$15 but worth it!  This is called a "waterfall braid."  Keturah knew almost exactly what she wanted instantly as she flipped through the ideas book.  I think she's been watching YouTube videos and studying things more than she lets on.  I'm no help on teaching her how to do it though.  Again, YouTube will help her and her friends.  This is one area I'm willing to part with teaching her.

Oh yes, you can buy a full spa set for your doll.

And a school set.  And these are just TWO examples of what you can buy for your non themed look like you doll.

She's been eyeballing this set for awhile, but I have a hunch that the gymnastics phase might be over as she is asking to do basketball this fall.

Innocent quote.

Yup, innocent and true if taken within context.  You can't shine without Jesus, right?  I think Keturah and I were both shining brighter after this stop though.

Keturah almost bought this adorable popcorn and cotton candy maker set.  But Daddy said to keep it limited.

Keturah with her purchases!  I didn't get a picture of what she got though!  I'll try to get one and add it here.  She got a pet rabbit, hutch and accessories, two pairs of shoes (after we made sure they would fit her doll because some shoes won't fit), and glasses.  The total was ridiculous but she's using her Grandpa money and some of her own savings, which is the purpose of her long term savings.  I paid for tea, so it all works out.

The rest of the "dolls of the year."

We stepped out of the upstairs part of the store to find the bathroom and couldn't resist getting a picture with the whole cast of Lego Friends.

Oh...my...goodness...I wish Benaiah could see this! This is a space habitat like he and his friends made at school!  Incredible!

The outer piece can open and shut and there's so much to play with!

Ah!

The other side of the bedroom example.

Hey look, it's still daylight!  Keturah posing outside and across the street from the American Girl doll store in Chicago with her purchases!  A dream come true!

When in Chicago, keeping looking up and up and up, and don't forget people live and work here.  This is their every day view and routines.  Interesting lifestyle.  Not for us.

Such a tired baby.  No more pictures, Mom!

A gleaming, happy Keturah with a very sour faced, "why couldn't we go home after the Shedd Aqaurium?" upset Justin waiting for the bus to take us to the "L" train and finally back to our vehicles.

Imagine living or working here every single day!

Rush hour so the buses were a little fuller.

Just walking down a block to the "L" train.

Private garage including glass doors that automatically open and close, fancy, fancy!

Yup, super fancy.

Yes, that IS a Trump tower.  Whatever your political beliefs, it's still a business, it's a neat building, and it does employ people.

The tracks for the "L."  Imagine driving under it when the train is going!

The stairwell up to the train.  This is the moment I realized that I am fascinated by these because of how they were featured in the TV show E.R.  This is1,000's of people's every day trasnportation.  And I was just watching a movie about the famous chess club in a middle school in Brooklyn, NY and some of those kids IN MIDDLE SCHOOL navigate these things, buses, trains, subways, BY THEMSELVES everyday.  Justin was lost just turning around in a circle.  How crazy is that?

Waiting for the train, which came quickly.  You never have to wait too long for the train or the buses.  I guess people would worry about it if they had an exact time to be somewhere, but then if it was me, I would give myself 20 extra minutes to get anywhere by these modes of transportation just in case.

Riding on the "L" train!  Similar seats to the buses, and just as clean.  I didn't feel grossed out by either one.


Turning one of the corners on the "loop."  And then we we realized that we went a little bit north of the loop on one train, so we had to get off, cross under the tracks, and get back on a different train going south again.  We could have possibly rode that train about 20 minutes north and it would have come back, but we didn't have 40 minutes to spare as the rest of our people were waiting on us.  So, Benaiah didn't get to ride on the "L" train but I figure he'll have his chance at some point when he travels for school.

Looking down the street from inside the train.

We went over the Chicago river again!  Whoops! We weren't supposed to!

I think we were on that bridge when we are on the bus because I know we were at least a block to the west when we were on the train.



Just ordinary Chicago streets.

An ordinary, relatively clean, alleyway.

The "L" train!  Both the "L" and the buses are run by CTA, maybe the subway, too.

Looking down the platform the other way.  Actually, Jared had Abishai go first through the turnstyle and it scared me half to death.  One of my biggest fears is that the kids get run over by a car or fall on train tracks and get hurt.  Jared handled all the passes, including mine, and scanned them one by one as we went on and off buses and trains.  The bus drivers had no issue with us getting on and then Jared scanning them all, just as long as we were as quick as we could be.  We had very friendly bus drivers and one of them, seeing us trying to get to a station before he did, actually stopped the bus early so we could get on.  He had to wait for the bus in front of him to unload and load anyway.  Sweet!

Infamous E.R. stairs.  If you've seen the show, you'll understand.  I did NOT see any elevators except at a couple of the main stations.

Too many stairs.  Chicagoians must stay in shape with all that walking and stair taking!

Almost sunset in Chicago!

We were on the "Brown Line." See the long line there?  Yeah, we started going down that one and it was going to take about 40 minutes to go down it and come back, so we got off, went under the tracks and went on another train going back south.



Riverboat!

Fancy donut shop!  The girls would have loved that!  In fact, Nora and Everly almost came with us.  They could have driven up from New Orleans with one of their other aunts who went to visit them, but then they wouldn't have been able to get back home without Shauna coming, too.  It was too last minute to get it to work out.  Bummers!  Maybe next time!  Remember, they couldn't vacation with us this year because Aaron started a new full time job with the police department as a chaplain.

Interestingly, I didn't notice the "bus lane" when we were walking or when were on the bus.  Makes sense though!  Who else could the buses make it through on time?

How would you like to go to this branch of the Chicago public library as your main branch?  Looks pretty fancy, but we didn't have time to stop in.  They did have book drop off "mail boxes" outside though.

Opposite side of the subway entrance.

We had one of the super long buses to ourselves on the way back to our car.  The middle rotates on a twisty plate of some kind.  This was the super nice bus driver that stopped for us when we were running to meet him.

Abishai totally fell asleep sitting up poor guy.  Super long day!  We've been awake for more than 12 hrs and counting.

The Chicago Bears stadium is massive!  I didn't think any stadium could be bigger than ours, but than again, the population here is 3 times are size!

Early evening downtown vibes looking west from the Adler Planetarium which is east of the Shedd Aquarium, on the end of a pier.



Nice view from inside the bus!

All tuckered out.

We didn't get to stop at a street vendor, but there ya go, a real live street vendor!

Chicago Bears stadium!

This was the field for the University of Chicago's football team.  Under the bleachers somewhere, after it had been left unused for a few years after it had closed during WWII, science students conducted the first man made nuclear reaction, which has changed the world in major ways ever since.  It looks like it might be a museum now.

The exact location or just a memorial of that first man made nuclear reaction.  "Ground zero."

Looking north and east from a high way after we took our detour to the University of Chicago, which is in the south part of the downtown area.  We will go back to there in the morning because that's where the Museum of Science and Industry is.

Lots of great photos as we drove up towards the Willis/Sears tower.  If we couldn't go in it, we might as well take the pictures anyways.


And with that, it was time to get in our pj's and sleep.  Tomorrow is another full day of museum walking and then vacation is over.  Sad face?  Or happy face?  Ok, fine, both! We are exhausted and ready to be home, at least us introverts are.  Good night!
P.S. I forgot to add the iPhone pics!  Here they are!  There's a few shots that I KNEW I had taken, and wanted to include, but when I finished journaling the DSLR pics I was like, "wait, I thought a had a picture of ____."  I did, but it's on the phone.  Here you go, just a FEW more pictures ;-)

Selfie with the boy who likes police vehicles, buses, trains, really anything that moves, and knows EVERY SINGLE NAME of them.

People still get sick in Chicago.  They have both CVS and Walgreens.  I could see myself going in there for milk and basics.  I didn't see many mom and pop little grocers in this area, but I'm sure they exist.

Proof I was there.

Sometimes you need a panoramic photo to appreciate an area.

One of the rerouted buses.  Actually, we got on a different one so we didn't turn around at all.  But you get the general idea of where we headed.

Selfie with the retired dolls.  BTW, I'm so glad I had Jared carry my purse inside of my backpack this whole vacation.  Just having the camera on my neck and my phone in my pocket (and usually a map of what museum we were in) was enough to carry.  My neck did hurt, but I actually have much less pain than I've had in the past from carrying my purse around.  Kudos to Jared (and sometimes Benaiah) for helping!

Us girlies waiting for our "tea."

Mother and daughter.  Yes, we somewhat look alike, but I think I look more and more like my Aunt Katie and Keturah looks more and more like Grandma Leah.

This looks familiar.  I think Abishai did the same thing about a year ago when we went to the Lego store in Castleton 30 minutes from our house.  This is what the boys did while we were in the AG store.

How we all felt towards the end of the day.  I was happy, Justin was very annoyed, Abishai was tired, and Keturah was content.

I just KNEW I had a better picture of the Trump tower from the bus! And check out that reflection of the other buildings!

Selfie with the "L" train.

I like the colors in this one of our ride back to the hotel.  Less traffic at 8pm than at 8am.

Big day of walking again.  Tuesday was driving and Legoland Discovery Center.  Wednesday was Shedd Aquarium, downtown Chicago, AG store, etc.

Putting together his Lego set from yesterday, with his earbuds in of course.

One of Justin's Lego sets he bought.  The Hulk buster (which I finally figured out that it came from the Infinity War movie that Jared and I saw at the cheap theater on Friday and one of the bad guys.

We were able to transfer Abishai from the bus after the "L" train, to the car, AND transfer him to the hotel bed.  He woke up at the same time as usual the next morning, 6 am Chicago time, 7 am Indiana time.  It's a good thing we have been using pull ups this whole time so we didn't have to worry about changing him.

Keturah with her loot.  She did bring some things for her doll so she had to repack it all in.  I love that she has a little friend she can take with her sometimes.  She doesn't carry it all the time, but it's nice to know it's there for her.

Finding Nemo. Always.  Benaiah's favorite.

They seem to enjoy sleeping together and keeping each other company.  I'm glad we can still do this.  The other boys sleep together in Gary and Leah's room.  I'm not sure how we would get it done if we had even more kids, good grief!  There's always the floor I guess with extra pillows and because they are queen or king sized beds, you could put another little one in there.  Plus you can probably ask for a cot. Anyway, precious, exhausted little ones.
I made a playlist of all the videos.  Enjoy!
Chicago Day 2B

No comments:

Post a Comment