Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Year 2, Day 218: Giggle, giggle, giggle!

We woke up to another cool August day.  I'm excited that even on Tuesday when we go to the Indiana State Fair, the high is supposed to be 78 degrees F and the skies will be clear!  I don't mind the cooler.  It gives the air conditioner a break as well.  But both Jared and I had major headaches when we woke up.  Jared had to skip church because of it.  Boo!  But that gave me the opportunity to sit in the balcony.  Unfortunately, the bass was way too loud today and I couldn't hear the vocals and it all seemed "off."  Of course Benaiah could explain to me why that was, and I agree, the speakers and the room set up don't jive in the best way.  But still, when Benaiah says the camera that he's using is shaking because of the bass, you know the bass is too much.  Ouch!  Otherwise, it was a typical service and sermon on outrageous generosity.  In fact, Gary was talking about how Abishai finds security in his blankie and paci and explodes if he doesn't have them and comparing it to how we find security in the amount of stuff we own, which is something I struggle with a lot.  But just the way Gary said Abishai explodes made me laugh because Abishai doesn't explode like that very often.  He's usually a very rational little guy.  But you know, it helps to prove the point if you use stronger words, so we'll run with it.

Leah was off to Lifebridge ministry this afternoon, but she made sure there was Sunday dinner all ready to go for us at her house.  Thanks! And it was yummy!  And since Jared wasn't there either, it left Gary cleaning up while I tried to keep my kids under control.  I finally had to send them outside because they were so loud and so wound up.  But, I finally got them home for naptime.  Jared was still in bed and I was determined to get some work done on the bookcase, which I did.  I emptied 3 boxes.  But there's still so much more!  6 boxes of books can't fit in 1 1/2 shelves! I'm going to wait and do that category after vacation because I need to sit and think about what I'm keeping and what I'm purging.  After naps, we had dinner, colored our maps (see below), and went outside for awhile.  Yeah for having a yard that we can just go and do and not have to worry about dogs or people running away.  The kids got on the new tire swing and were thrilled!  I picked up my big camera and tried to take a few nice shots of them.  Benaiah was outside with us for a bit, but then he went in to play more of his video game.  I'm going to be so happy when he starts school again and a) doesn't have time for that particular video game and b) has to go to bed earlier than he has been.  He has to tell his teammates in the game (they play online) what to do and where to go and if they don't do it "right" he tells them so in not so nice terms.  It drives me crazy!

Then it was time for Abishai's giggle fest with Daddy.  They play horsey now and when Abishai is on Jared's back, he'll lean forward and tickle Jared's ears making Daddy cringe and shiver and say "stop it" which all throws Abishai into fits of laughter!  We also hid from Daddy in the sheets of our bed.  But of course, when Daddy gets close, Abishai can't stay quiet and bursts into laughter giving our position away.  It's awesome! I can't wait to share these fun times with the cousins and aunt and uncle on our vacation coming up.  I don't want to keep them all to myself! I think Abishai and silly Uncle Aaron will get along quite well.  Aunt Shauna just posted some pictures that said, "10 years of community" meaning they have been down there for 10 years, going on 11!  I think she meant the church plant, not just when they went down for the clean up process after Hurricane Katrina because Everly is 10 1/2 and they were down there at least the previous year before she was born.  ANYWAY, it's hard being so far away from them and my side of the family, and we don't Skype any of them regularly like we skyped Gary and Leah every week while we lived in Canada.  So, vacations are extremely important to us and I'm super stoked for this one!  Michigan, here we come!

I found this quite interesting this morning as I was rinsing out a milk jug.  That's NOT milk in there.  That's actually leftover plastic that became a defect in the milk jug itself during manufacturing.  Obviously it didn't hurt the integrity of the bottle though.

Just a blob of plastic at the bottom of this jug.  That's all.

Benaiah was on his least favorite tech job this morning, man cam (era).  He posted on Instragram two minutes before service started that "I am so sleepy.  But I have to do this.  I is sad." So, I trolled him and took a picture of him from up in the balcony and told him I'd throw something down at him if he fell asleep.  I would never do that, but I like teasing him.

Race time! Ready, set, go!

Another cicada shell!

Keturah eating a doughnut in her doughnut pj's.

Having a coloring session after dinner (see explanation below).

Abishai has learned to color in Sunday School and loves it!  He went to town n several sheets of paper which much enthusiasm.

Yes, he's a lefty.  And no, I didn't correct his grip on the pencil.  We'll work on it.

I even made the big boy color!

Finished product!  I printed off USA/Canada maps on cardstock for each person so we could fill in what states we've been to.  Obviously, most of our travel as been on the East Coast from New Hampshire to New Orleans because of our families being there.

Jared has been to all 50 states, several provinces, and a few countries.  I, on the the hand, have stayed east of the Mississipi for the most part.  I think I've done about half of the states.  Oh, and a place doesn't count unless you get off the airplane and leave the airport.  So, although I've been through Toronto and Montreal, I can't count Ontario or Quebec in my numbers.

Jared made a map key explainging what the colrs me.  One is for states we have all been to, another is for states some of us have been to, and blue is for the states Jared himself has been there.

We also don't count states where I was in and I was pregnant with them.  So, Justin can't count California on his list, although I was pregnant with him during that particular vacation.

Abishai's handiwork.

Ta da! Tire swing fixed!

Jared taught Abishai how to go under the swing, through the tired and pull himself up to get on the swing.




Toes on the way down.  Aww....

Time for family photos!  Dogs first!

Go higher!

Dirty feet of a tree climbing boy.

This one, too.

The sky was overcast and perfect for portraits!  So I tried some new angles with the camera and tried to capture the youngest three's pretty eyes.  The pictures are mediocre.  But at least I tried!

Whatever you do, don't laugh!

Aww, those eyes!

Something's eating our new oak tree!  Ah!

Jared waters the trees with a slow drip from a hole in the bucket of water. 

Just smile, would ya?!

Dimple face!

Crazy middle schooler!

Hazel eyes, like the rest of us, except Abishai.  His are blue.  And the freckles.   Oh my, no wonder girls like to follow him around.  He's got a big generous heart and a cute face!

No comments:

Post a Comment