Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Year 2, Day 221: When will it stop?

I'm not sure how this week got so jam packed, but it was the 4th day in a row that I had to be somewhere by mid morning.  Keturah had her first gymnastics class today!  Instead of having to wake her up and her dragging out by 9 am, she was up at 7 raring to go!  I wasn't ready to get up yet though.  Well, we were the first ones there at the gym at 10 until 10 am, so that part of the day went well.  She had a great class and only had 3 other students with her!  Awesome!  She worked on cartwheels and special jumps and swinging on the bar, etc. I'm sure Aunt Shauna can help me help her work on her cartwheel at least.  I'm super excited for her!  Then because we were so far east, we went straight north and stopped at a Payless Shoe store looking for new sandals for Abishai since his are about to break and water shoes for the rest of us.  No luck there, but Wal-Mart was right next door and we were able to find Justin and I some water shoes and the sandals for Abishai.  We also got an eye glass sports strap since Keturah misplaced hers and had to do her gymnastics without any glasses on.  She did fine though.  But it was 25 minutes to the gym, 20 minutes to the stores, and another 30 minutes home.  Yuck. Abishai obeyed while at the gym for the most part and Justin found some slightly younger boys to hang out with and show them how to play pokemon.  But Abishai fell asleep on the way home from the stores and we couldn't get him back to sleep at home, even with Daddy's help.  So, he was extremely stir crazy by the end of the day.

In fact, I sent Abishai and Keturah with Jared, Benaiah, and Justin to the Bible Bowl kick off so I could get some work done in peace (like yesterday's blog post).  That was after I had to do some tidying up. I try to ignore the chaos (not dirt, but the chaos of kids' play), but enough was enough.  I couldn't mentally focus with all the clutter.  I tried not to do too much though.  And I got the work done.  And I feel better.

Speaking of feeling better, I have pain from the gluten I had yesterday, but I expected that.  I do feel bloated with the bit of sugar and carbs I'm having, but not starving.  We'll see how it goes, but in general, I just feel happier not being so strict.  I even heard the ladies of Trim Healthy Mama talk about it again today.  It's all about being balanced.  They also talked about adrenal fatigue and that it's actually not as common as people think.  I don't know if my naturopath tested me for it or not.  I'll have to look it up.  Speaking of doctors, I'm having to reassess how I go about getting prescriptions refilled by doctors who want me to give them a monthly payment to keep their process going vs. paying a naturopath big bucks vs just finding a doctor who accepts medicaid just for the simple issues, and family medicine.  And all because I needed a prescription before vacation!  Thankfully, they didn't catch their error before I picked up the medication, but I'll need another one filled right when I get back.  Just add that to the list of things to do in the next two days.

But, we have great news!  The 2nd bathroom is fully usable!  Just a couple more trim pieces and put the doors back on the cupboard and then I can decorate!

Oh and last but not least, it was Benaiah's first day of school!  No picture, but I'm not worried about that.  I get a picture of him when I do the others when we start.  I'm just glad he got to school on time.  He's really excited about blowing stuff up in aerospace stuff as well as watching others getting to fly in a jet with the instructor (he'd throw up if he would do it himself).  And all his teachers were fine with him going out of town for vacation and will prepare some lessons for him to do.  Yeah! Homeschooling for a week! Just kidding, he'll get it done just fine.  And now we all have to get used to the routine again.  Thankfully, Jared can take him to school and Leah can usually pick him up.  And Bible Bowl also started up today.  I'm not ready for all of this!

Somebody was jealous that they couldn't go out and play on the floor, too.  But Abishai did obey and didn't go past the line.  It's a very, very small gym with only two rows of folding chairs to sit on, no a/c, one bathroom on the other side so you have to take your shoes off and cross the floor to get to it, etc.  But, it's perfect for beginners!

Justin made some new friends, too!

She did more of a round off than a cartwheel, but at least she's willing to try and with a smile on her face!

Benaiah got his yearbook from last year at the BBQ last Saturday, so I thought I'd share it with you.  Mrs. McCollum was the one who finished it up and had the other kids work on it, too.  Thank you, Mrs. McCollum!

There he is! One of 14 in his class!

He looks so much like his dad, oh my word!

And like his dad, Benaiah is hiding back there somewhere!

We all had to laugh when we saw Ethan's blue suit in 1/3 of the pictures from prom.  Ethan doesn't even go to the school anymore! But he's well loved by some of the students there.  Go E!

It reads: "Most likely to...'Have a town named after them: Benaiah Johnson."  Bwahahaha!

Someone found a new hiding spot under the bathroom sink!

Peek a boo!

Perfect spot!

Stir crazy baby enjoying some mama snuggle time.

Pillows and blankies, too.

Night-night.

Yup, stir crazy boy sat in the window, looking out, and then would fall backwards and fill all the way over, almost falling off the couch if he didn't do a slight turn.  And he was shouting, "Daddy! Watch me!" over and over and over.  Ai, yi yi!

Crazy child.

Look! We drove on Muskegon Dr. today!! Muskegon, MI is where Gary grew up on Lake Michigan.  We were in Greenfield IN, near I-70.  And I figured out that Abishai learned how to say "turn left, turn right" by listening to the GPS! Duh!  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment