Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Monday, October 2, 2017

Year 2, Day 273: Getting It All Done

Hm, when do you get it all done?  And when do you crash because your body literally can't handle it anymore? We have a long week ahead of us and I'm just not sure how much schooling is going to happen at home.  Keturah's got the head cold now, so she and Abishai stayed home with Grandma while I took Justin to Pokemon club.  That was the only time I got some rest today.  I did buy a yummy treat from the cafe' that is in there, a "Cat in a Hat" which is a raspberry mocha kind of coffee.  I'm feeling the stomach ache now, but it was worth it!  And since Pokemon' club is only once a month and I don't go to drive through coffee shops at the moment, a $3 drink isn't too bad of a treat.  I think the caffeine did sustain me through the rest of the day though.

Since Grandma was babysitting and Jared had way too much stuff to do at the office, plus I needed him to come home earlier than normal so we could go grocery shopping, and because it was perfect timing, I was the one to pick up Benaiah from school.  Normally, I think I would have been excited, but I went the total opposite direction because I forgot what the cross street was and got pretty mad at myself and the fact that we have to drive him to and from school.  Yes, I know many other parents do it, but one of the pros of homeschooling is that I don't have to be on a tight schedule or get out of the door at a certain time every day of the week.  I'm pretty sure if it was me doing all the transporting, I would have protested the private school even more heavily.  But, for now, it works, because we have help.  Next year, he wants to add the dual credit classes (you get credit for high school and college), and that will be a haul to get him to the college campus, wherever that might be at the time.  No, he won't have his license/drive on his own until at least the middle of next school year, boo!  I think I was driving when I did some dual credit community college classes, so it wasn't so much a burden on my mom, unless she needed the van for other activities.  Anyway, such is life, eh?  But still, when I'm in the car that long, my back hurts more, and I have zero pain meds that work right now, so I get super grouchy. Plus, I had been out all afternoon, leaving zero time for homeschooling, which, thankfully, got done after the groceries were put away. 

I just have to keep remembering not to look at those piles of "projects" sitting in a few of my rooms and I'll be ok.  The piles never bother anyone else though.  Just me.  But school got done, groceries are done, a load of laundry is done.  I'm hoping for an early turn in tonight, if the caffeine lets me.  I finished my coffee at 2:30pm, so I should be ok.  We shall see, as I always say!  Here's a few pictures from today.

Great quote!  But only if you live somewhere that actually feels like fall in October (see below).

Y'all, it's fall!  It's October!  Hello, weather, it's NOT supposed to be in the mid 80's!  Oh well, my laundry dries quicker I guess.

I stretch and snooze in the morning and he brings in his whole bed worth of stuff PLUS toys from the living room.  #crowdedbed

Thankfully, this happened just as I was putting my feet on the floor.  Abishai discovered his candy bar he got from someone at church and started chomping down on it before breakfast.  Whoops!
Oh boy.  I put it in the fridge to firm it up again, but I suspect the package might stick to the bar.  Not sure how or why I left it out within his reach.

We all get some fresh air this morning when it was a balmy 70 degrees.  Someone was in her pj's all day.

Trying to read, but it's sometimes difficult with siblings buzzing around.  He didn't want to sit on a towel on the ground because of the bugs.  We have raised a bunch of wusses and city kids.  I say ew to bugs, yes, but I push myself to get past it when I'm outside.  We will keep practicing.  He also said a folding chair on the porch wasn't comfortable enough either.  Wimp!  You can't drag the couch or your bed out there, so get over it.  Oh well, we tried and we will try again.

Abishai moved the slide all by himself from the clothesline to under the swingset and right next time while I was on the swing.  I was taking a break after hanging the laundry.

Even Daddy got a few minutes outside today when we came home from groceries. 
And a few videos:

Ready, set, spin!

'Miah, play!

The Excavator Song

Last one: He's saying "Fine" like the big kids do when they are annoyed but obeying and "Darn it!" which is something I do say, and NOT the actual swear words, promise!

Abishai's Words

Last, LAST one:

Bookshelf

I hope you enjoyed those!  I know Justin isn't in any of them, but the older kids don't do as much cute stuff as the littlest one.  I'll have to figure out some videos I can do of the other kids to showcase who they are right now.  Hm,....good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment