Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Year 2, Day 309 & 311: So rainy, it was cancelled!

In order to catch up, here's some random pictures from Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  Sunday was church and we were suppposed to go back that evening, but it was super stormy and rainy with a possibility of hail, so everything at church was canceled which included Crave and Kids' Choir.  I'm kind of glad because somebody work up stupid early because of Daylight Stupid (I mean "Savings") Time and we all needed a nap!  And the skies really did open up and poured rain, then it stopped, it poured again, then it stopped.  We tried getting Socks out to do his business during the drier portions of the afternoon and evening.  Otherwise he would have been soaked in 30 seconds or less.  We didn't see any hail, but Jared made sure the cars were as close to the garage doors as possible and put shingles over the windshields to soften the blows.  Kind of smart thing to do, don't you think?  I doubt there would have been enough hail to cover the windshield and break it by weight.  We've seen hail numerous times here before we moved to Canada.  They are sometimes the size of quarters, but that's it.  It was very warm, like 70 degrees, and then the temps dropped drastically afterwards, so I could definitely see why the forecasters were saying it was going to bad with all the high and low pressures coming through and why evening plans were canceled.

Monday was our field trip day.

Then today was normal with library time, which went well, and students that actually hustled and worked hard.  Therefore the evening was much more pleasant and productive for me, especially, and they could each do their own thing.  Benaiah had homework, but he's finding it hard to study when everyone is goofing off, so he's been watching "Stranger Things" of all things.  He's exlaiming at the end of each episode, "Oh, come on! Are they or aren't they?  Oh the emotions!"  I guess it's good.  It's not my type of show because it is the first step towards some really weird things and maybe horror, (yes I read up on it), but if he finds it a bit entertaining, then fine.  The second season is worse than the first for violence, but he knows that and knows how to make wise choices.  The things he could be watching could be way worse.

So, without further adiou' (spelling?):

Daylight Stupid Time had little man up at 5:30 both Sunday and Tuesday.  Gah!

Storms are a brewing and the trees near church are gorgeous!

Eeek!

Grandpa, go bowling with me!  He used Grandma's hallway with the rugs pulled out of the way, to bowl with some wooden balls and pins with Keturah.  Typical Sunday dinner fun!  And that makes 3 Sunday dinners at Gary and Leah's in a row!  I don't think that has happened since we moved back!

Did someone call for dessert?  3 kinds of pie or cheesecake leftover from various functions.

And all I could think of was the pages of this Berenstain Bears board book about eating out where Papa bear picks all 3 desserts from the dessert cart!

And then Mama Bear says I told you so! as Papa Bear looks sick to his stomach.  Bwahahaha! 

In between the storms, Jared dragged some wood into the garage and processed it so we could have a fire.  Yeah!  And Keturah, who was late and lied about finishing her Bible homework, had to finish it then because class was the next day and we were going to be out all day for a field trip.

I'm on the launch team for this great Bible study coming out in January by my friend and creative arts director at the Creek, Laura Dingman!

Abishai opted out of going to toddler time today and that's fine.  We had a couple of great practice sharing sessions in the main children's area anyway.  But this boy is a runner!  You have to catch him before he starts to take off!  He almost ended up at the adult computers twice!

Homework at the library!

Taking paci and blankie on a tractor ride!  And I love those red shoes!  I never could get the on Justin's feet for some reason, but I think we've broken them in enough that now they are easy to put on and easy to spot when somone's running away.

Someone is very sleepy since he's already been up for 5 hrs at this point.  Night night at the library!

This was one of the first times Abishai has had milk in his cereal!  I always hesitate to do that because I don't want the cereal to get soggy and gross and then the kids don't want to eat it.  He was hungry because he had two bowls!

Gorgeous tree across the road!

No, not snow, but huge water droplets!  Then I couldn't get the camera's sensor to register and work like this again.  I still have so much to learn about settings!

At least the front garden held up nicely!  No more huge puddles on the sidewalk!

So windy and rainy that a leaf got stuck on the window!

Justin's turn to try the drums.

I love the phase where they want to do everything you do and copy you doing chores!

Keturah helped Abishai pack up the baby toys that were in the living room so he could get out the Thomas the Train box of toys!  Yeah for diligently working together!
Abishai and Socks "helped" Jared work on a special wood project.  Or did they just supervise?  The advantage of having an attached garage is that you can work on things at night if you want to.  I guess you can with a detached garage, but then you have to go outside to get there and it needs to have power for lights and tools.  Our Beech Grove garage didn't have any of that in it.
It's the end of an era:  I don't think that this set of mailboxes has been changed since I started sending letters back and forth with Jared back in 1998.  I could be wrong.  But, they are obviously getting an upgrade soon.  I always pictured Jared (then Leah once I knew she was the one who usually got the mail) getting my letters from the mailbox and swiftly taking them to his room so his parents wouldn't question him on "who is this person who keeps sending you letters?" was.  I still have all the letters safely tucked away.  I should scan them into the digital form just in case of an emergency though.  I used to keep them in our personal fireproof safe, but that's to full of other things now.  Plus that safe hasn't worked properly in years.  Time for an upgrade on that, too, I suppose! 

No comments:

Post a Comment