Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Monday, July 9, 2018

Year 3, July 7th-8th, 2018: They're Home!

Honestly, I'm still not feeling good, so it's been an off and on kind of weekend.  Worked on a few projects, spent some time outside, Benaiah came home, Keturah came home, grocery shopping, church, and CIY Celebration night.  That sums up the weekend.  Justin got to see Avengers: Infinity War with Grandpa.  I'll take Keturah when it's at the cheap theater next month.  I'm just really tired and I forget to capture memories when I'm caught up in other stuff.  Benaiah came home excited but tired of course.  We now gear up next week for vacation the following two weeks.  I'm trying to decide how much other stuff I try to fit in and then if I'm going to be frustrated we didn't do enough.  It's hard to tell.  I'd like to hit the pool, go bowling (kids bowl free program), and take Benaiah to the BMV again.  We'll see.  Let's see what we did get up to the last couple of days.

Saw this on Instagram.  What a perfect cake for the men in our lives!

Jared helped Justin make pancakes this morning. Although Justin usually does just fine, he had walked away from the stove for 30 seconds so Jared was concerned that the pancakes were going to burn.

We got to church about 15 minutes before the buses were going to arrive, however, one had already arrived earlier than the others!

Practicing our balancing skills before 'Miah comes.
The buses pull in full of very, very exhausted teenagers who stayed up most of the night before!

Time to unload these 270 people!

Abishai was excited for the buses.

Many hands make light work.  It's amazing how much fits under the buses!  The number of big box fans was incredible!

A sea of humanity!

Found him!  Talking to a girl who was resting her back on the floor.  Actually, it just happens to be the daughter of my friend who went to the Third Day concert with us.  Benaiah said he spent some time with some freshmen, including the girls, and especially when they walked to the lake for the fireworks on July 4th.  Nothing wrong with that.

He's home, with a rougher voice, and ready for sleep.

Someone is in for a surprise for their 30th birthday!  Must be for a youth sponsor!

Still unpacking the bus.

A hub of activity.

Nice hat head and beard.  He told us how much he spent and on what.  He told us who he hung out with. And he told us that he made people cry with what he said about the graduating seniors including his friend Josh Harrigan.  So sweet!  Oh, and I love how his hair is spiked from his hat head and that he didn't shave all week, just like his dad doesn't when we are on vacation.

He spent a lot of money on CIY merchandise but said he stayed within his budget.  His most interesting purchase to me was that he bought two candles in a jar from a business that was going out of business. I guess he's secure in his manliness because he bought them while he was with his group of guys and gals.  He even said he bought them to support the mom and pop shop.  Yes! He's been listening!  And I think it's sweet he wants to burn them when he's sitting at his desk at night.  I don't have a problem with that.  We don't use candles or even scented wax anymore, but sure, go ahead.  This one has a slightly musky smell to it, but not bad.

Smells like shaving cream.
Sweet!

Boys being boys.

Climbing everywhere.  This kid though had way too many accidents again today.  It's all about getting him into the potty consistently.  Vacation should be fun, not! I'm going to have to make him potty every time I do.  BUT he can go on the big potty now, so that will help.  He will wear pull-ups on vacation unfortunately, because no one has time to clean up poop mess.  Then we'll get back to no pull ups when we get home.

Loving on the old puppy dog, who decided to work on getting the stuffing out of one of his toys like he was a puppy again or something.  He hasn't done that in years!

I tried to get everyone outside today because it was drop dead gorgeous!  I even spent time outside and wish I had spent more time or had at least opened the sliding door.

Perfect 80 degrees.

Nice and cozy in the shade.
Sleepy baby.  Snoring away.  YouTube stopped, so he isn't listening to anything.  He slept for about 4 hrs.  Love the mustache.

Oh! I had no idea that our party favors had their picture on it!  What a pleasant surprise when I went to have my bottle of pop! They also had a package of Resse's with it.  The saying was "

Aw....

The goal is to get rid of half of the pile that was in front of the bookcase.  I've gone through 3/4 of it and need to go back through because I'm not quite at my goal yet.  But, I did get rid of half of this box!

Loads of paper to recycle!

Abishai and I found play food that he could use to make himself "eggie toast" i.e. egg in a basket.  He's really loving that kitchen set lately.

I had to clean up all the water toys because they were left in the pool that sat for two weeks and got moldy.  I threw away the pool and now Abishai can use his tools again.

Finally, just sitting out here because I can't stand to work anymore and not enjoy the beautiful weather.  The boys were finishing up making dinner.
Mom, don't take my picture! But you are adorable!

Abishai, age 3 1/2, sounding more like 4 1/2....so smart, so cute, so sassy, so stubborn, but still so little.
25 high school kids taking a baptism class at CIY this past week! Can't wait for celebration night tonight!  And 33 kids are going into full time ministry!  Just from our group!

Another succession moment: it's Dan's turn to give the high school seniors their gifts!  Not sure who's doing the seniors' retreat though this year.  But both Gary and Dan (and wife) were at CIY this year.
Keturah's bus!  I sat in the van in the parking lot so I could get footage of the bus coming in.

Wahoo! Right on time!  One bus and two vans full of 3rd-5th graders and their sponsors.  Home after 4 days at KidJam.  Keturah says she's not tired.
They tried to keep parents inside but eventually they all leaked out to get their kids and their kids' stuff.

One happy camper!

And just like that, camp season is over and the van is full again.  Plus we have a bonus one today.  I knew immediately when I saw Bryce with Justin as we walked into church this morning that they would be asking if he could come over and stay the night.  So, I was already planning on it.  Justin had just mentioned a sleepover a couple of days ago.

Benaiah said that this online tournament was exteremly important to him, as he lights his manly candle and wears his thug looking backwards hat.  He was twinning with his BFF Ethan today. aka they have matching hats.  Them boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment