Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Monday, September 18, 2017

Year 2, Day 257 & 258: Daily Living

It's been beyond busy this weekend with boxes, a desk, church, volunteering, mowing, grocery shopping, baby shower, choir, youth group, lots of pizza, Kroger deli, phone call with my brother, etc etc.  So, I had a meltdown because I was overwhelmed, but being out in public helped me to breathe and pull myself together. And now, I'm exhausted and I can't think.  Let's use the pictures to prompt some journaling.
Oh no! Justin went to stop Abishai from exiting the garage, so he pushed down on the handle and bam, it broke!  Super sad face!  This was Benaiah's tricycle, so we've had it for 13 years and brought it with us to Canada and back.  Obviously, we can still use the bike, but I can't help steer from up above anymore.  Plus, we won't be able to make it into a rocker anymore.  Super sad face!

This big guy took a ride home with us from the grocery store.  He was gone when we got home.

When a teenager is the camera guy at church.  Dr. Pepper, Chips Ahoy, and a charging iPod.

Sitting down just in time for service to start.

Because Grandma is still gone to Austria, and Grandpa has a few things to do after church tomorrow, Sunday "dinner" happened at the Kroger deli.  You can get pizza, subs, chinese, fried chicken, salads, cooked vegetables, and drinks inside the Kroger grocery store.  It's crazy!

Homemade pizza!  This is not your preformed pizzas you buy and take home to bake.  These are square, homemade pizzas!

Totally random, but totally cool.  Somebody on PEI used potatoes to form the Island.  Sweet!

Monster Lightning McQueen.  Abishai does know the names of some of the characters from the Cars franchise.  He combined parts of Mater with a Lightning McQueen base and it became a monster truck that could pull the wagon along.

Baby shower time!  One of my best friend's youngest daughter is having her first baby.  So, of course Keturah and I went.  They did ask for guests to bring a book instead of a card, but I didn't read that memo.  These are really cute!  They are kind of like the PEI one I got for Abishai.

The momma to be, Elise, is the one in the black and white polka dot dress.  I worked with Elise at Quizno's (subs) when she was 16.  She and my friend Sheryl's other daughter, Meghan, were there at the hospital with my parents and brother when Keturah was born. I go to concerts with Sheryl whenever we can.

Instead of cake, they had a variety of homemade cupcakes!  Plus a nut and sweet goodies mixture that had green M&M's, peanuts, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, etc. Yum!

What a cute idea to use onesies as decorations!

Keturah on the left and Braelyn on the left, went to camp together this past summer.  They are 3 months apart in age. 

Elise had several helpers opening and showing off her gifts.

Again, Braelyn is only 3 months older than Keturah, but because her mom, Meghan is literally a foot taller than me, and Braelyn's dad is also very tall, Braelyn is also very tall, as well as her sister, Olivia, who is 9 months younger than Keturah.

Taking a walk down memory lane....this is Donna Westrate.  She was a mentor at my MOPS group.  Oh how we loved her so much.  She gone to be with Jesus now.  This was at the baby shower Sheryl threw for Keturah and I.

I told Sheryl I would dig up this picture for her since she has been faithfully reading the blog!  Here we are, Meghan with Braelyn on the left, Keturah and I in the middle and a mutual friend Betsy's daughter Missy and her little guy on the right.  Meghan's water broke at Missy's baby shower.  What a great series of memories we shared together that year!

And then we added the Grandmas into the picture. Sheryl is the red headed one next Meghan.  Leah is on my right and my mom is on my left.  Then Missy and her mom Betty.  So sweet!
Back to our normal routine hanging out during youth group time, waiting for choir practice to start.  At least we don't have t go at 5:30 this year.  We had to last year when Keturah has her big role.  I can't believe how big Abishai is now carrying the ball across the 9 square "court."

Jump up and get it over the poles!

Go, go, go!

Ethan! Daddy, quick, make me jump high so I can throw the ball at Ethan!

Come on, E! Throw the ball!

Up and over!

Wow! This was a tail of a jet going across the sky and it looks bright compared to the blue around it.

Gorgeous!

Abishai said, "Watch book." instead of "read book."  No sweetie, we don't watch books, but we read them.  And we read a lot, and then we looked at duck videos.  This guy was super crazy because he got regular tea at Starbucks this morning on the way to get the desk, and therefore, did not nap well.  He delay fished his way to bed, too.
Speaking of the desk, I bought a secretary style desk for our bedroom so I can work on the older scrapbooks and other crafts I have.  And yes, that's the price I paid for this almost perfect piece of furniture!  The handles look a lot like the handles my mom's desk had.

I liked this one better than other ones I was looking at because the drawers were horizontal and would be perfect for holding note cards, and stickers, and other flat things.  The bottom drawers are perfect size for storing the photo albums I'll work on, plus extra supplies, and some photos themselves.  My grandmother had a desk like that, and so did Jared's Grandma Cook.  I would like to finish Keturah's baby album.  I don't have one for Abishai at all, but I do have the pictures, the blog, and a journal I started when I was pregnant with him and have completely filled all the way through 2 years of age with things he has done and said mostly.  Benaiah and Justin already have their baby albums done.  This is the kind of furniture that I will keep forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment