Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Year 2, Day 269: Go, go, go!

We all had to bust a move today because Momma can't go away for two days without prepping hard the day(s) before.  We had lessons to finish, cleaning to be done, errands to run.  I finally got in with a clinic that has many types of doctors, so we started with the obgyn.  Normal, easy, still couldn't get meds.  Now I wait until my next primary care doctor in late November.  The facility is nice though.  I remember when it was built.  Anyway, going to an afternoon appointment meant that I had to do a bit of lessons in the morning so the kids had stuff to do.  Unfortunately, they don't know how to read their assignment sheets and didn't finish them all.  There wasn't much point to the behavior game with pennies as I was gone the rest of the afternoon.  And my mind was elsewhere.  It's very hard to vacuum and clean the floor when it's covered with toys, but when you pick up toys in one room, other toys get dumped in other rooms.  Ah! Toddlers!  Justin also tried out the middle school d-group/small group tonight at church, while Jared finished up some e2 stuff.  Benaiah did well on his history test, despite only studying 10 minutes for it right before class.  It was ancient history and although he doesn't remember our lessons, he did admit that maybe they were in his brain subconsciously and it probably helped him.  Yeah!  So, now, let the games begin and I'll see you on Monday night!

Eating a plum, Abishai got all messy but he loved it!  However, soon after, we had a poop explosion.  In the sunroom. Among the toys. On the rug. And now there's a faint smell of it while I type.  Ew! This was before my morning cup of tea, mind you.

Garbage truck! (Sing it with me!) Garbage truck!  Thanks, Blippi, now I have that song stuck in my head.  Abishai loved seeing it as always.  The young man started talking to Justin, so I walked out there and he just reminded us to put big trash on the 1st Thursday of the month instead of the last, and told us where else we could dump stuff.  Nice as pie, and he did take 4 mattresses and the bedframe and all the regular trash.  Poor guy.  We have so much trash from construction.  He took more than he was supposed to.  I had forgotten to tell Jared to wait on it.  Oh well, most of it's done now.  Moving on.

Before the sunroom poop explosion, Keturah accidentally dumped a still very full container of grits all over the pantry floor.  I didn't have time for it, but I killed two birds with one stone and thoroughly cleaned the floor looking for mouse poo.  Needless to say, I found say.  I bought some kind of bait/trap so we'll see if it works.  Again, this was before the morning tea. But now it's clean.  Yeah!

Daddy stopped by after dropping Benaiah off at school.  We've been all over the place this week with spending time together (basically, we aren't), so a little extra minute or two here and there, counts big!

Abishai got the little stool, brought it all the way over to my room, and then led me down the hallway to ask for the Green Arrow Lego guy.  He's definitely a little initiator and problem solver.

Say what?!  The hot spell encouraged a new pepper to grow!  Ah!  I wonder how long this will take or if it will ever mature because the temps are dropping over the next week or two.  Hm,...

A friend dropped off some stuff, and there were a few Frozen items, including an Elsa doll that sings the whole "Let It Go" song. Keturah loves it!  And Abishai does, too.

Mrs. Alicia found the exact basketball hoop I had wanted for Abishai at a garage sale last weekend!  It's a "grow with me" kind by my favorite brand Fisher-Price.  We debated on waiting to give it to him for Christmas, but then where would be put it inside for him to play with?  So, we gave it to him immediately. 

Bubby came out to play, too, but wouldn't let Abishai get the ball in the net.  Abishai thought that was hilarious.  All the while, the teeanager didn't turn off his iPod from 4-11pm. Almost constant watching or do or listening to it.  SMH 

Fire truck "ride on" (not really but it's sturdy), fire truck pj's, and a fire fighter helmet.  Cuteness over load!

Need to fix the hat.  I would just through it away, but it came from the fire station closest to Cornwall where our church was on PEI.  So, I put some vinyl tape on it for nw.  Abishai loves it though!

Abishai, the pro pinball player.  He can pull the ball launcher out and then hit the buttons for the paddles just fine.

Go, go, go!

10 Elsa/Anna items.  I'm glad she still has a favorite movie.  Personally, I love the movie, so I don't mind.
Yes, Daredevil decided playing Minecraft from Daddy's shoulders was where it was at today.

Daddy and Keturah drew pictures during an Intro to Baptism class on Sunday.  Jared's drawings are on the left and Keturah's are on the right.

My sweet brother in law and sister in law sent us a house warming note and giftcard.  They encouraged us to use it for fall mums or rubbermaid totes or something else for the house.  Thank you, guys!

That's it!  I ran around like a chicken with its' head cut off finishing up things.  I just didn't want to leave the house in a mess for Leah.  I can't wait to hear all the stories of the next two days.  I'm gone all day Sunday, but Jared will have the kids.  Here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment