Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Friday, September 1, 2017

Year 2, Day 236: Haircuts!

Thursday, August 24th, must have been a quiet day, or I was so busy with whatever, I didn't take many pictures of it.  Oh well, less to blog I guess. 
Yeah! We finally got in at our favorite hair dress, Mrs. Jennae Schenk at Elegant Hair Designs!  They are moving soon, though, but still in Franklin Township.  Let me know if you need their phone number!  Abishai immediately gravitated to the bench with the purple pillows.  Don't know why.  And they are both wearing their favorite shirts: Justin's last year's Bible Bowl shirt and Abishai with his Thomas shirt that's really a pj shirt.

Here's Abishai's "before shot."  It doesn't look that long, but I did trim it a tiny bit, especially in the front area.  I think it's been 8-10 weeks between haircuts for him.  He had a nice mullet going on in the back.

Justin did get a haircut in between trips to Jennae's, but it was already getting pretty long.

And this girlie was begging to get her hair cut really short!  I didn't mind because I would love to have to mess with it for gymnastics.

And because of our hard well water, her hair never feels washed, so again, the easier to take care of it, the better!

The "after" shot! He looks so much older!

Oh, and this time, Abishai wanted to go first!  And told Grandma and Daddy "haircut" as soon as he saw them!  He still sat on my lap but he didn't need a lollipop to sit still either!  Yeah!

Super short!  Wow!  I didn't expect it that short, but it looks great!

Just like my sister Stefanie, Keturah looks great with short hair.  Her hair is pretty thick, too.  Maybe when she's older she will want some Lilla Rose in her hair.  I'd love for her to wear the headbands and the bobby pins, but she won't.

There is a video that goes along with it, but it was a stupendous 70 degree day outside, so we came home and I hopped, ok I gingerly places myself on the 4 tire swing.  I know that I need to be careful not to break the swing like Benaiah did, but it was also just hard to get in.  I wanted to prove to the kids that Mommy can have fun, too.  And when the kids pushed me, I didn't go as high as I thought I would.  Maybe they didn't have the strength.  It was fun, but not as fun as they make it out to be, lol.  Anyway, during one push, Keturah lost her grip and balance and fell flat on the grass.  But because the swing was coming right back down, she didn't have a chance to get up!  She had to roll in between the swings and army crawl.  Finally, I got stopped and she got out.  She was laughing the whole time!

Daddy saw that Abishai really enjoyed the Chinese Checkers board we have, but we don't have all the marbles for it anymore since they are usually bagged up with the marble works.  So, he ordered a new set of marbles off of Amazon.  These two had a blast setting them all up and then Abishai would push them all off for fun afterwards.  But, what a great fine motor skills practice, sorting colors practice, even counting practice.  Who needs a formal plan or curriculum when just playing can create moments of learning like this.  Abishai still calls most colors "yellow" but that's ok.  He'll get it.  We do put the full new set of marbles back in the plastic container it came in and put it way up on the shelf so that it doesn't get mixed up with the odds and ends marbles.  Abishai did play with those odds and ends a couple of days ago and actually sorted them by color!  And he used the other pieces that were meant for regular checkers on the other side of the board as the red marbles and covered up the holes of one of the triangles with them!  Crazy! Organized, sorting, particular, that's this kid!



Lots of great sunsets lately.

Aw, Daddy's boy!  And cute baby hands on cute baby toes!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment