Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Year 6, May 28th-30th, 2021: The Weekend, For Real This Time

 Ah, NOW it's the weekend! Although, it's a holiday weekend, so Jared will also be home on Monday, too. Memorial Day weekend, or better known around this here parts, Race Weekend! And the Indy 500 is set to go off on it's normal schedule on Sunday! No pandemic here! Woot! Woot! Actually, I believe there is still reduced seating and such, probably masks, I don't konw, but they are showing it LIVE on our local TV station (which usually only happens when the race is completely sold out), so they have some different things going on. After we lunch with Gary and Leah, we will head over to Smiths to see the end of the race. It usually starts about 12:30 and goes to about 3:30pm. That's the exiting part of the weekend. Otherwise, it's been a dull day.

I think that at least one of the medications is making me more lethargic and sleepy. I'm having a really tough time staying motivate and awake. I've still got some back pain as well and it's migrated to my tailbone. I'm NOT a happy camper. And I developed a migraine and had to take my other migraine medication. I ended up taking a nap again. This is NOT how I wanted the start of summer break to go. I did spend an hour cleaning up the kids' school stuff and completely cleared off the table, so that's cool. I put some stuff away and went through Keturah and Justin's crates. Abishai's stuff is more involved because he's got all those boxes and piles on the floor as well. I have to make some hard decisions because he's my last kid. So, do I save them for grandkids or do I pass them along. Hard choices coming up and I was not in the mood for that today. I could have worked on the newsletter for IAHE but I needed that nap. I just don't know what's wrong with me this week. I just don't feel like myself at all. I'm trying to push through and accomplish my new routine but my lack of motivation scares me.

It was much cooler today, so that felt incredibly nice and refreshing. Even when I had a hot flash I didn't feel too hot! It was a off and on rainy so everyone stayed inside. That means Abishai was going stir crazy! Daddy played with him, Keturah played him, I engaged him a bit. Even Justin spent a few minutes with him. We were able to go to the eye doctor's today and pick out his new glasses with Daddy! That is one blessing of having Daddy home this week! Cross that one off my list! It wasn't terribly hard either. He didn't like the plastic frames and what we picked almost matches what Keturah and I wear. Weird, but I guess that's just what looks good on us or we are just used to that type or something. They are a bit big on Abishai, but the tech didn't say he shouldn't wear them, so, we went with it. Once Abishai picked them out, he wasn't going to try anything else. Ok, done deal. So I guess we accomplished a couple of things. Jared made pork fried rice with vegetables for dinner. Abishai had his normal karate class and Jared took him to that. I took Justin with me to try to squeeze as much of the recycling as we could into the bins. We got about 80% of it in the bin! And then we picked up a medication that I was for Socks but it was actually my medication. Almost the same price point. Socks will have to go without his medication for a couple of days because it's backordered. I ordered it this past Monday. So it will have be ready over a week from ordering it. Not nice. This pharmacy is having a lot of trouble because of not having enough staff and not having a good time with suppliers. Yikes!

Meanwhile, Keturah tallied up how much having a bird as a pet would cost. Oi! Not now! Abishai wants to name a new dog, a pit bull, Challenger. Jared and I just want to sleep and wake up with no back pain and we can't afford a new mattress. I just want a new body. One that doesn't choke on the last sip of coffee. I was leaning over the sink, thankfully, choked on the coffee so hard that I threw up! And it went through my nose! And my mouth! Not only bits of my lunch, but also chunks of berries from my breakfast! It was incredible gross and burned my nostrils and how on earth do you rinse out your nose?  I don't have a neti pot. I just wanted to cry. I finally took essential oils and breathed them in deeply to try to eradicate the smell and that helped. Thank God for real that I was right at the sink and could wash it all down. So gross! So, it's been a long day and an even longer week. I'm so exhausted and I don't even know why. I haven't gone anywhere. The crisis has passed. There's been no deadlines but my own. I haven't been rushed. But it's getting frustrating. I just want to sleep. So I hope to do just that tonight. Start fresh tomorrow. 

We were supposed to put up the pool tomorrow, but it's only going to be 62 degrees. It will be 72 on Monday so I think it would be better to do it then. And a gorgeous day for Race Day on Sunday, 70 and sunny! Yeah for Race Fans! Jared is very excited to watch the end of the race live with his Bible study buddies. So of course we will enjoy it with him. It's tradition! I'm glad he can go through the day without the heavy duty pain medication. I think he's still taking naproxen and tylenol and the muscle relaxant. Two weeks and 3 days until back surgery.

And one last thing, Benaiah's second interview with Peter Broscoe's company went really well. He will have an official offer next week which he plans to take. He's got lots of things figured out in his head already. Benaiah actually might not go to college right now. I reassured him that I am ok with that. I don't want him in debt. I want him to be successful and faithful and to do well and provide for his family. He can learn what he needs to learn on the job or as he goes. He can take classes and courses and get certificates. The college scene isn't what it used to be. There is so many ways to get the education you need for a career. And that's what college is nowadays, not the academia it was to broaden your mind and think deeply. It's just a means to an ends. Sad but true. I told him that I always wanted the kids to be prepared for college so that if they wanted to go, they could, but also, it is a solid foundation for any other education. But I've learned over the last few years even that college isn't everything. There's so many options out there. And Benaiah has the skills to learn from others around him or in a classroom or on YouTube. THAT'S what is important. So, oh my word, my child is ready for the real workforce! A white collar job? At age 19? An entrepreneur? Climbing the ladder? We discussed dress code, too. Man, I'm so proud of him! Of course, others are a little bit disappointed that he's talking about not going to college. But that's because for their generation, it was a privilege to go to college. Not many could. It was never a given. There were not many choices back then. Another huge step for him. And just as he hits three years at Chick-Fil-A. Wow. Three years. He's learned a ton from that job, too. He's paid his dues in the fast food industry. Time to move on up. Already. I cannot believe it. God provides. Again.

A homemade version of this game where you bounce ping pong balls into this thing maybe into a certain pattern in order to win. We got these big egg cartons from the store so I saved them for the last few months and just happened upon these fuzzy table tennis balls a few days ago and bought them. Keturah was using the doors to bounce the balls off of and into the slots. Kind of fun.

Hello, Socks. Why do you have to be in the middle of everything?


Why, it hasn't been this clean since the beginning of the school year! For the first few years it was where I would organize the library books and they would put their daily books in their crates. This past year, they left their daily books on top and the library books ended up on the white table in the sunroom. Well, I'm not putting the white table up again, so I have to decide what is my best option for this table top, the crates, the green box and purple basket, and the painted bench behind the couch. Hm,.....

I got to take a selfie with a clone trooper at Disney World today! Ta da!

Playing soccer in the hallway! Didn't your parents every tell you not to play with balls in the house? Well, not these parents and not when it's raining outside. There were so many giggles coming out of Abishai it was insane!



They are a little big, but this is what Abishai picked! I feel like they were a little darker blue, but maybe it's the lighting. He was talking about getting a blue, green and purple pair, but when we got there and he realized that didn't exist, this is what he choose. I'm sure he will grow into them.  I'm still not sure about him having to wear them. It makes me sad.

The blue does go well with his eyes in this pic. And, the tech said that this Champion brand ones have 180 degree hinged frames meaning the sides will go straight out from the side of his head if necessary! So very flexible, which is great with a very active poor!

Extremely pleasant holiday weekend. Most Memorial Day weekends are extremely hot. Yeah for Indy 500 Race Day!

Grrrr, make this headache go away! At least the knots in my lower back are a bit better. I took more migraine medication today, plus two doses of ibuprofen. I need to wean myself off of it before I make the max dosage....so I've been laying low again today. Jared refused to put the heat on today, although it was under 50 degrees this morning outside and barely 65 inside. However, after he got his 2nd dose of the Covid shot, he stopped by Starbucks and got me a small mocha with raspberry shot! Oh my goodness! Ok....what do you want.....Nah, he just melted my heart into a puddle on the floor. And then, he asked if I wanted a fire. Um, yes, please. So Jared built me a fire. And so I spent most of the morning nursing my headache in front of the fire doing my phone thing, wasting some time, sure. My feet were cold, but I was also having a hot flash internally, grrrr. I went outside for a bit with Abishai without my phone and cooled off. Jared was outside stripping something for copper wiring. He's been working on various things like that all week to pass the time. And then he spent part of the afternoon killing weeds out back, so I guess he felt better today. I spent about 3 hrs on the computer working on the IAHE Region 9 June Newsletter and finished it and cleaned up the emails that went with it. Now I'm ready to tackle the list of co ops, groups, and activities. So, I didn't get both a physical and digital project done yesterday or today, but I got one done yesterday and one done today. So, slow start to the list, but it's a start.

Kids did their things, which wasn't much. It's hard to get them motivated when they see us not doing much. I don't know. This headache thing is just too much right now. And tomorrow we are going to go hang out with Smiths and a bunch of others for the Indy 500 race. So, that's fun. Maybe. I just hope I don't still have this massive headache and have to excuse myself from the party. I suppose I can always walk home if that's the case. We have to get up early so that Jared can be there for the start of the race and the start of the food. But Justin, Grandma, and Benaiah won't be there for the start because they have stuff at church. And Abishai wants to spend the last class with Esther. We got her a card and flowers, as well as some flowers for the rest of the teachers in his class. Why not? We have never been good with the teacher gifts, but why not give it a go since he seems so invested in people? We'll see if we remember to get Grandma and Justin something next year, lol. Justin still seems determined to move up or something and not be with Abishai, but I don't know that that has been officially changed or not. Anyway, I was going to stay for the 11, but I'm not sure how it's going to all work out. I might just go to Jared's office and then ride with Leah or I might go back with Jared to Smith's house and have Leah pick up Abisahi. I don't know yet. But I'm not looking forward to getting up early.

My supplement came for the hot flashes and night sweats, so here's hoping it works. It's hit and miss as to if it works and sometimes it takes a while before it does. It wasn't terribly expensive in this formula so I'm it will be fine. And God gave me a few days of cool weather to at least give me a break in the extra heat. I'm sure it will warm up again next week. We postponed going the pool today and will do it on Monday. We will also cookout with Gary and Leah and Benaiah on Monday. Hopefully, then, we can talk in depth about Benaiah's new job with the company called Best that he starts on Wednesday, June 16th at 9:30am! Woot! Woot! I guess they didn't want him to take too many days off between Chick-Fil-A ending and then starting for them. They are THAT desperate! Crazy! He's moving on up in the world! My little guy! Now a big guy ready to step into the corporate white collar world! So soon! Eek! I'm so proud of him! Jared was working at the collections agency at age 19, so like father, like son. Oh my men. I love them so much!

And then there's Justin. We'll get him there, too. For now though, he can bake dessert for the gathering tomorrow. That's his task. As long as he follows the instructions that is. And cleans up his mess. We'll be fine. And he can play Minecraft and Need for Speed and Fortnite like no one else. And now he can talk to his friend from church, Sam, until almost 1am, lol. He's growing up, too. My oh my, in a blink of an eye.

Speaking of eyes, my eyes hurt. I want to get off my computer soon. Good night.

Grogu stole Daddy's seat this morning and Abishai thought it was hilarious!

Awww, melt my heart why don't you! Reminds me of Tim's mochas with a raspberry shot!

Hard at work again and this time, with the high stool chair because Grogu got moved to his chair because Daddy needed his seat.

Five days ago I was complaining that it was way too hot already and now, I'm not complaining, but we needed a fire in order to not turn on the heat again. It's only 50 degrees outside!

Indiana, you are such a tricky state when it comes to weather! But at least Race Day will be awesome! No one will die of heat exhaustion!

Hm,....I think my rose bush needs a bit of trimming, and the other bush....

Almost missed this year's blooms! There's a few blooms here. But the stalks look a little different. I wonder if it's two different varieties or growth periods or something.








Bumblebee's favorite flowers.


Can you find him?


The mailman left a package on the front step AND since Socks was outside, he left a treat for him! That's an awesome mailman!

Our new pad for the trampoline arrived super early! It wasn't supposed to arrive until at least Tuesday! Sweet!

Kids were in rare form after dinner. They were playing with a playground ball and metal bat running around the whole backyard. At least they were playing together and having fun!




And Jared of course had to tweet about getting his second Covid shot.

Jared heard me mention getting a card for Esther, Abishai's small group leader in Sunday School, so he took it upon himself to get a card and the flowers for tomorrow to take to her. This is what he picked out. A fuzzy banana! Sweet!

Abishai really wanted me to write that he wants to marry her, but well, we couldn't write that of course!

Jared thought this was cute, and he's right! See, he does know these things when he wants to know these things!

Mr. Baker is at it again! It's a mix we've had for a long time, but still, I'm glad he's able to do it. Jared got roped into doing dessert for tomorrow's get together and so he enlisted Justin to do it after I said we had a ton of mixes that needed to be used. These will become raspberry flavored cupcakes with vanilla icing. They smell heavenly! Just like my mocha raspberry from this morning! Yum!

What a day! It started super early because Jared wanted to go to first service thinking that the Indy 500 started at 11am. The coverage for the Indy 500 started at 11am. The race actually started at 12:45pm, so if we had hurried, we could have seen everything anyway. But I'm glad we kind of split up the morning. I woke up super early at 5am and took another migraine pill. That's 3 pills in 3 days, so I can't take anymore. Then when I got up at 7:30, I too some iburprofen, and my head still hurt all day long. I'm so over this. I just had to keep putting one foot in front of the other because there was nothing else I could do. Today was about making sure Jared enjoyed race day with his new friends and Abishai had a good last Sunday with his teachers in the kindergarten room. So, magically, we got to first service on time. Jared put the card and flowers in his office and I met him in the sanctuary for service. Thankfully, the music didn't make my headache worse, but I did suffer a hot flash through it. I had overdressed, too. Blech. After service, we picked up Abishai from class because they can't stay between classes because they fumigate the room, and took him to the office. On my way out the door this morning, I had remembered that I hadn't fed him! And that's because I had poured him a glass of milk, and then he spilled it! So I had been steam mopping that and had forgotten to follow up with asking him what he wanted to eat! So, Jared did communion with him, and then Jared took Keturah to the Smith's, and I stayed with Abishai encouraging him to eat and drink and use the restroom before taking him back to class for the 2nd service.

Mr. Luke Green came into the East Hall with a couple of other pastor's kids trying to set them up on Fortnite, and while the TV was warming up, they played basketball, so of course Abishai had to get involved and showed off his skills. He did very well! And then he wanted to play Fortnite and Smash Bros instead of going to Sunday School. So I told him why he needed to go to Sunday School and he said, oh yeah, right! And then he asked, "How many years until I get to be in middle school?" Um, 5? "Can I go back and tell Mr. Luke that?" So he ran back and told Mr. Luke that it would be 5 more years until he's in middle school. Um, let's not think about that now, buddy, ok? One year at a time.So, I got him signed back in and all that. And then I went upstairs to the balcony and not back to the office as I had originally planned to do because I thought, why not take pics and vids of the other kid who was on drums this morning. So, I did the proud mama thing and did just that. I try to keep my phone low and not disturb people around me. They can judge me, I don't care. God knows I already went to service and was a good girl and didn't take footage then but just enjoyed the moment. But He and I know that someday maybe Benaiah and I will not be in the same church together and I won't get to see him perform for Him, so I'll take advantage of this when I can. Because, it's always a time of reflection for me. A time to remember where we were in December 2015. What God has brought us through to be at this moment. What God is doing right this moment with this new job offer that Benaiah has officially accepted. And I can't stop smiling about it, and praising God about it, and recording the moments, so I can reflect on it, and remember it more, because when the dark moments come again, when something comes up and Benaiah and I argue, or don't see eye to eye, and I come up crying again, I want to remember, that we'll get through those moments again. That what I went through 19 years ago to birth him, all the years I nurtured him and taught him, all those hard years in middle school and high school, and this past year, and all the years ahead, all the pain and ill health I suffer now, it's all worth it just for these moments today. Today. When he gets up there and helps others to be in the presence of God, worshiping God, as our friend Debi said, "It was great worshiping with you today, Benaiah." She didn't say "Good job, Benaiah." No, she said, WITH you. Because he wasn't just performing. He was worshiping, too. Just like I did. And I'm proud of him. And of us. And we couldn't be here, in these moments, without God. And the miracles that He preformed in us in these short 5 years. So, I am not ashamed to keep taking these videos and pictures when I can. I cherish them and I will share them. Always. Even when my head is swimming with a massive migraine, it doesn't matter. I love my Benaiah, my little guy, my big young adult, I'm so proud of him.

And then, I dash downstairs, just hoping that the other set of doors to the East Hall are open because otherwise I have to call Jared to come back to church to open them up. I left the office doors wide open, which we don't usually do but Jared didn't leave the keys for me. I should have insisted on it, but this headache won't go away and I can't think straight. I grab my bags, and head for the bathroom with the vase of flowers, after shutting the lights off and closing the door to the office. I dump out the water, take the wrapper and rubber band off, put the flowers back in the vase loose and head back to Abisahi's Sunday School class because I have a job to do. He's second to last in class. Good. He knows what to do. He grabs a flower and gives it to a teacher/helper. Then comes back and does it again. One person just gets a piece of greenery. He runs out of flowers and Mrs. Sarah Land doesn't get one. Whoops! I'll have to apologize to her later. I hadn't told Jared how many flowers we needed. And then we get Esther to come up closer so we can get photo with her and Abishai and we ask her to pull down her mask. We get the sweetest photo, which I send to her mom later. Ah! Mission accomplished! Phew! And then we take a photo under the 1st grade sign so that's done with while we wait for Grandma to finish cleaning because Abishai wants to go home with Grandma. Justin did talk with Mrs. Alison and he's going to work in the 2nd grade room instead of the 1st grade room because he doesn't want to be with Abishai. Bummers! Abishai is going to be disappointed. But I'm sure Abishai will still have fun with Grandma and Elliot and Wolfgang and the rest of the crew in there.

And then those three go to Smiths, and I go home to get medication, change my clothes, and let the dog out. I check my blood pressure, but it takes many tries to get it done properly. It's fine. I shouldn't be worried. If I'm going to have issues, it's going to be more noticeable than that. I just needed a few minutes to breathe I think. I eventually drove over to Smiths and did stay the entire time of the race. Most of the time it was just Smiths, Gary and Leah, and us, so not too loud or anything. The kids were out in the shed/barn. The Mahurins joined us for the last 30 minutes or so, but they aren't really that loud either. I just kept rubbing my temples and playing on my phone or whatever. I didn't make any apologies for that. It was fine. I ate kind of lightly and did my best. I didn't really watch the race, but I never do. I glanced up a few times and saw a wreck or two, looked at the scoreboard, and then definitely watched the very end. Helio Castroneves won his 4th Indy 500! I have now seen all 4 of his wins! I think I started watching Indy 500's with the Rutherfords when we were first married, so probably when Helio won his first one back in 2001, right before we got married, and then he won his second one in 2002, right before Benaiah was born. Then in 2009, when Keturah was 1 and again today, 2021. To me, Helio Castroneves is the face of Indycar racing, just like maybe some of the other old big names are for the Rutherfords or Gary and Leah or whoever. Names like Penskes or Unser or Andrettis or Foyt or Rick Mears. Helio is just FUN. He's a great driver and he loves his crew, his family, and his fans. He brings the party in a family friendly way with his smiles and handshakes and hugs and love. And today he even gave God a shout out. He just gets so excited about his sport and his wins. And yet, somehow, he's still humble, and includes everyone and isn't egotistical. Maybe it's his Brazilian heritage, I don't know. He's just fun. I'm so happy for him. He's only the 4th person to win 4 times. He's only racing twice this year, and I guess this is his 2nd race and he won both times! Good for him! He's only 46, so he's got more racing left in him, I'm sure of it! We'll see him again!

It's nice to have a new place to start a new tradition surrounding the Indy 500. It's been awhile since we could have a way to hopefully solidly start this tradition. And the Smith's like Nascar which comes on every Sunday, and there was a race this evening, so Mahurins stayed for that race. And after we all came home, Justin decided to go back to Smiths because, and I quote, "I've never seen a Nascar race, so I want to go back and check it out." Ok then. I'm glad he feels comfortable enough to hang out with our adult friends for 4 hours with no kids his age and talk about who knows what and just eat food and chill and what a Nascar race. More power to you 15 yr old. When even their kids are nowhere to be seen. Have fun! The guys even challenged him to run home, get some money, run to CVS, buy an energy drink, and run back to Smiths house and see how long it took. Lol. Challenge accepted. And Justin gave up his own regular screentime to do this. Sweet! Makes me proud that all my kids are comfortable talking to other adults. That's a major benefit and difference between homeschooled kids and non homeschooled kids. It's a proven difference. Benaiah was not afraid to talk with his teachers or the adults on the tech team or the adult team leaders at Chick Fil A or the person who interviewed him for this new job because he interacted with adults and kids of all ages in all the activities we were part of throughout the years he was homeschooled. He saw how I interacted with other adults, too. Same with Justin. He can talk with other adults when he volunteers or his youth leaders or our adult friends with no issues because he's talked to kids and adults of all ages in different group settings, and parents of the kids we hang out with at park day or activities, he isn't restricted to just talking with his immature peers. It's such a huge difference. I see it in other kids in our youth group that are also homeschooled. It's so neat to see it play out. Even Abishai and Keturah, their interactions with their small group leaders, or older and younger kids are so much more seamless because they've had more practice. Age doesn't bother them as much. Why do you think Abishai fell in love with a teenage helper? Lol. Because he's used the older girls at our park days! I love watching these things grow and develop and being lived out and knowing that it's the outcome I wanted. It's beautiful.

So, while Justin spent the evening at Smiths, Jared took a little nap, I had some coffee, and Keturah and Abishai had some screen time. None of us were especially hungry because we had so much to eat for lunch and throughout the afternoon. I've just tried to keep up with the water as everything that I've read about the medications say to not get dehydrated especially because they are diuretics and because of the night sweats and hot flashes. I'm very thirsty anyway. And now it's all quiet. I'm trying to load videos to Facebook from my phone and it's not going very well. I'll have to do it from my computer. Whoops. Eating up data and/or bandwidth or something.

Tomorrow we will work on the pool and I'll get a full shower. I didn't have any time for that nonsense today. And then I signed up for a challenge to put together a transcript so I'll look into that. I have a chiropractor appointment this week, so maybe that will help. And hopefully the medications will all settle down a bit. Jared will go back to work, too. A bit more normal routine around here. I hope. Now for some photo and video loading and watching and sleep. Good night.

 Playlist for Benaiah Drumming at Indian Creek Christian Church, Indianapolis, IN and Clips of Helio Castroneves winning the Indy 500 on May 30th, 2021

Bwahahaha, Abishai messed with Daddy's stuff when he was in here last week for the lasagna tasting with Grandma. Daddy hadn't been in here all last week because of his back so he's just now seeing this! His cars on his shelf were all messed up, too. We left notes for Daddy and Grandpa to find on Tuesday. We forgot to leave notes for Mrs. Debbie and Mrs. Ellen. Whoops! Next time!








I thought I had taken more still photos! But this is all that came through. Maybe they didn't all get loaded or something. Yup, I'll post a few more, but they may be out of order. My camera on this phone did really well today while I was videoing and then taking photos at the same time. I was pretty impressed. Enjoy!


Our set design is all about lighting and it's really pretty I think. And cost effective. And I don't think it's too harsh on the eyes most weeks. Even for us with migraines.


Much harder to see the drummer when they do this though.



For the record, 9am and 11am Kindergarten classroom volunteers for Abishai, and then you'll see Justin and Grandma in the 1st grade classroom for 11am.


For the record, this morning's worship band and vocal team. Banjo has Benaiah's nickname since he started on tech team 5 years ago.

This morning's set list in case you don't recognize the songs.


And yes, we do time out things very, very carefully around here and they are pretty good about sticking to it.


This is Esther Fowler. She is the third child of Anna and George Fowler who were part of our couples' small group before we moved to Canada, so we've known their family for quite some time. Abishai got quite attached to her in the Kindergarten room at church this year. So sweet! I don't think Esther knew what do with it all, but she did her best. Anna thought it was sweet, too. They are a great family. Abishai is a sweet kid to love on his teachers like this. I did refrain from putting what he wanted to put in her card, which was, "Will you marry me?" Buddy, let's think about this for more than a minute, ok? Lol. Thanks, Esther, for being his small group leader!

We are moving on up to 1st grade, Grandma's class, next week! Justin doesn't want to stay with Grandma because he's with Abisahi all week, so he asked Mrs. Alison if he could move up to 2nd grade temporarily for this year and Mrs. Alison said sure. He will be with his small group leader, Mr. Ron Hittel, so he'll have a fun time there.

Abishai got red cupcake all over himself and it looked like red lipstick.

The beginning of a new Indy 500 tradition with the Smiths and the Johnsons.

Watching the Indy 500.

Keturah knew a little bit. She said she wanted to see the beginning and the end. That's it.


Oh the sound of Indycars racing! Love it!

Here they come!

And here's your winner! Helio Castroneves! 4th time!

"Spiderman" climbing the fence again! His signature move! I can remember his first and second times doing this so well! I can remember Grandpa Rutherford being unsure of what was going on, too!




Benaiah finally joined us for a few minutes. Keturah loved that swivel chair and claimed it as her throne for most of the day.

Traditional wreath and milk of course.

I read that it was 2% milk but at one point it looked pink, too. Penske had dropped Helio as a driver and this year he drove a pink car.





Also, two of the Dude Perfect guys got to play a role in telling the drivers to walk to their cars, so that was cool!








The End

No comments:

Post a Comment