Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Year 2, Day 205?: Where did we go?

Well, first of all, my math and which day of the year it is, isn't matching up, so feel free to figure it out for me.

Second, yes, I took my computer to a friend's husband to work on early last week and I think I finally have it back into working order. He did fine, but it has some quirks I had/have to work out, like getting it to connect to the Internet.  So, that's why there hasn't been any blogs.

I did post a few things to Facebook in the meantime.  I will probably not go back and fill in all the dates, but I will at least do last Saturday's, when we had Keturah's belated birthday party finally!  I've got a ton of catch up work to do with loading and saving pictures and burning pictures to disks that it will take a bit to get caught up.  Meanwhile we have repairmen coming in and out and crazy schedules every day and a 2 1/2 yr old who had to have a big time out for just being too crazy and mean and disobedient.  It was a long day today, can you tell?  It's already 11pm, so I'm giving myself a hard stop on "catching up" and need to have some true downtime before bed.

School starts in a couple of weeks for Benaiah, we have vacation coming up, and we have to finish the bathroom project so I can finish getting my books on the shelves so I can prepare for homeschooling this year.  So, busy, busy!  And the local public schools start on Wednesday, July 26th!  Crazy!  I even saw a bus doing a practice run this afternoon.  It just doesn't feel "right" and we are grateful that we don't have to follow that schedule.  Even Benaiah starting on August 9th at Southside seems early.  Lots to do.  Back to routines, and yet it's still brutally hot and we haven't even visited a local pool yet or gone on vacation!  I even found it amusing that a recent calendar put August in with September and October as "Fall" and November with December/January as "Winter," which makes February, March and April, spring and May, June, July as August.  Let's just say, my body can't grasp that rearrangement and I won't be teaching the kids that.

Therefore, it's still summer.  And we still have summer things to do.  Be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment