Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Year 2, Day 206: Work Day

We finally have a sub pump installed!  Now the crawl space will stay dry and we can hire an exterminator and get rid of these bugs!  Then it's on to getting the rest of the stuff over here from storage and stuffing into the garage.  Meanwhile, the gutter is getting fixed and the bathroom project is also moving along.  Once that's done, I can put the other bookcase in place and unclutter the fireside room.  I feel I'm in limbo so much lately and I'm not sure what project to work on because I'm needing help of some sort on each one.

So, we played outside on our new to us swingset our friends gave us.  Abishai is in heaven and doesn't want to ever get off!  He loves it when Mommy gets on there, too.  And we had a nice walk to Grandma's this evening.  We also went to the last Taco Tuesday of the year because our public schools start tomorrow (boo!) and since it was nearby, we got groceries at Aldi's.  That's pretty much my day.  Of course there was the normal nagging and breaking up of fights as well.  Benaiah worked at church and Jared worked with the other two guys in crawl space.  And now, poor guy, Jared is having a horrendous allergy attack.  He had the whole stretchy hat and hazmat looking jumpsuit on to protect him from spiders and creepy crawlies, but he didn't wear a breathing mask.  Thankfully, he gets a break tomorrow and can catch up on things at work.

I'm super tired, but I still have some things to wrap up.  I wish I could fill you all in with what has happened this past week, but I honestly don't remember.  The pictures are pretty generic, too.  But if I find some fascinating ones, I will include them at some point.  I just don't have enough time to backtrack right now.

My sweet friend made many pretty new things for our new home!  Her hubby made the middle sign!  She worked on it for over a year!  I can't wait to put it up!  Thanks, Alisha and Charlie!

Alisha and Charlie were the ones who gave us the swing set.  They forgot some bolts when they dropped it off yesterday, so they rode back on their motorcycle this time.  And boy did the boys love seeing it!  Keturah was interested too!

It looks so big on him!  But he was too scared to take a ride on it.

Most patient dog ever.

Keturah was super excited for the swingset, so she voluntarily cleaned the swings.

Now, I don't think it is used this way, boys.

Last thing for the day - putting up the playground!  And the littles can go on it first thing in the morning, which they did!

Superman!

Can't...get...enough....swinging!


Aw, nearly perfect!  We just need biggest boy to round it out!

There's a hole for a toilet drainage pie now!

Still have some wall work to do.

It's so nice to be able to check on the kids without leaving the comforts of the house!
We had to widen the entrance to the crawl space to get the subpump down in there.



Not sure if we will reuse the metal piece that was part of the crawl space entrance.

Swing, swing, swing!

Abishai can superman!

They say they brush the dog.  Then I still find this much hair in the hot spots like elbows and legs.

Abishai powered through two bags of chips at Taco Bel today! And no wonder, they all had cake for breakfast!

Last Taco Bell Taco Tuesday for the middle schoolers.  I wish I could eat there, otherwise I would make it a permanent thing for the younger 3 and I while Benaiah is in school.

Prime example of who we want to look up to.  Gary noticed his neighbor, who is a widow, cleaning up her grass clippings.  So he grabs a rake and jumps in to help.  Although I'm sure he's got a long list of things to do to catch up at home.  May we all have that willingness to go and help.

We went to Grandma's house to see Grandma, but ended up watching YouTube instead.  Pretty typical thing though.  The mosquitoes were bad out tonight and Abishai has many swelling bumps on hi arms to prove it.  He must be for suspectible because he's so fair skinned.  Ugh.  Time to find and use our essential oil blend I made in Canada that is bugspray.  So much better than the other deet filled bug spray.  
Onto tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment