Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Monday, February 8, 2016

Day 39 When in Canada....

...do what most Canadians do - skate!  Most of you know that I have been very determined that the kids will learn how to skate because it really is a part of the culture here in Canada.  And just two sessions into it this year, Justin and Keturah both have already made huge progress!  Both can do little hops and land on their feet.  Both can zoom around the arena with no support, fall down, and get right back up.  Justin even went backwards a bit today!  I'm so proud of them!

I, however, will probably never skate that well because I'm too afraid of falling.  I didn't last year because I was pregnant and won't this year, because I'm not comfortable even pushing Abishai in a stroller on the ice (yes, they absolutely do that here!)  But, I was reminded today that it was just 360 days ago that I was at another arena and couldn't walk back and forth around the outside of the arena for my usual length because I was in pain.  Labor pain that is...b/c the next day, Abishai arrived!  So how appropriate that it was his first time to see a skating rink and he loved it! I love our little Canadian who doesn't mind the cold and is excited about everything around him.  I think the saying is true that some Canadians learn how to skate before they can walk, because it seemed like today, Abishai really wanted to get out there and skate!  I held him and let his feet slide on the ice (they were in a snowsuit) and he loved it!  I just had to be careful he didn't fall forward onto the ice.  So, I wonder how small a pair of ice skates I can find for next year.  So precious!


No comments:

Post a Comment