Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Monday, April 3, 2017

Year 2, Day 92: Average Monday with a Twist

The twist on this Monday is the headache I had all day because my nose hurts because Benaiah and I were goofing off and he rammed backwards into my nose!  That kid is so solid!  Then I had some fruit tosses with pudding (I think) so the tummy didn't like that.  But overall, it was a pretty good day with the kids watching a movie that was made from a book they read for co op (My Side of the Mountain) and realizing the movie wasn't the same as the book.  The moms were in rare form today, laughing and teasing each other.  Abishai had his favorite day with Grandma with videos, naptime, and bubbles.  Oh and he got to go to the grocery store with her, too!  I managed to put dinner on the table and then rest in between a hugely messy diaper (don't ask), the headache, and a crazy 2 year old that just wouldn't quit for the day.  Now I'm ready for bed.

I can't concentrate (again) on anything major like taxes, but I'll try to plug in a few things into the homeschool planner, at least for this week, so we can use it tomorrow.  But I'll have to look at all the assignments tomorrow morning because I just can't tonight.  I usually like to prepare the night before for the rest of the week so that we can hit the ground running in the morning.  But not this week and that's ok.  I do know that we will finish our 180 days the last full week of May, including NOT counting the middles vacation week with the grandparents and still have the week before Benaiah's birthday totally off and done for the year.  Woot! Woot!  It's always the goal to be done by Benaiah's birthday (June 4th) and start after Justin's birthday (Sept 9th).  It worked really well in Canada to enjoy the fall as much as possible because there would be plenty of snow days to concentrate on the bookwork,  Here in Indiana, it doesn't matter as much because the winter isn't as bad and the summer is much, much longer so there's plenty of time to enjoy it as well as do a little work if we choose to on the really hot days.

Anyway, yeah, maybe a little typing and an early bedtime, maybe, but that usually doesn't happen.  We'll see.

I've always wondered about this particular set in the Fisher Price Little People's line of toys.  It is actually quite neat because it has a few learning games with it.  It asks you to find the animal that matches a certain sound.  Now, you don't have to have that particular animal push down on the part of the mat that is the answer like some toys do, but each animal does have their letter on it.  It even has a quail for Q and a vulture for V!

Miss Theresa gave Abishai a marker in his right hand and he immediately put it into his left!  And yes, he drew all those lines on the board with Miss Theresa's help.  Then Elsa erased them.

Abishai can't quite blow the bubbles yet, so he dips the wand into the bubbles and then flicks the solution all over the place.

Even 11 year olds know how to have fun at Grandma's!

And 8 year olds know how to have some fun, too!

We were waiting for a long time, but the local school bus finally drove by before we left Grandma's house.

I was laying on my bed and all of a sudden I realized that Daddy had told Abishai to go read with Mommy.  So, Abishai was putting all his books onto the bed from our normal reading spot.  He's very diligent!

Some of our current favorites, including two cows that like to read with us, too.

Bedtime reading selfie.

Keturah helped us out, too.  But when we were done, Abishai didn't want to leave the bed, so Daddy had to pick him up to put him to bed.  I got 1 1/2 hand "pinches"/waves.  Thanks, kid, I just read you like 15 minutes and kept you alive today and I get 1 1/2 waves?  Lol.  That's ok.  I'm sure he'll give me more cuddles in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment