Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Year 2, Day 98: Those "Off" Days

Momma had a very "off" day today because of some health issues.  But, we still managed to get 4 chairs into the garage and 10 boxes worth of stuff.  I started with the easiest stuff that was pretty much packed up still.  I'm going to try to get to a few more boxes each day so that when Jared comes home, he can take a couple of loads down.  Justin is actually fairly strong now, so he's able to do more than I thought he would be able to!  And Keturah packed up one of her Barbie boxes very tightly, which I am very pleased about.  We also spent time with the grandparents and of course choir and youth group.  But yes, I was in a fog all day, just trying to think about the next thing I needed to do.  Oh, and Jared and Keturah went to the store for this week's fruits/veggies, meats and cheeses, eggs, bread, and milk.  These are the things we run out of the most it seems.  I guess that's a good thing.  And it's a great thing that I can write a list, hand it off to the husband and he pretty much sticks to it knowing what we usually get.  Aldi's makes it easy to do that with anyway.  Little man was supposed to have an early nap, but only slept for 45 minutes because two huge ladder fire trucks came down the street blaring their sirens and the porch door and the windows were open.  Bummer!  Oh well, he was a bit sleepy, but not terribly cranky.  He puts up with a lot.  I do try my best to make sure he gets his 3-4 hr naps, but if once a week or 10 days he doesn't, it doesn't seem to mess him up at all.

Meanwhile, oh yeah! For maybe the 2nd time in my LIFE, one of my nightmares came true!  I spilled coffee on my laptop keyboard!  Thankfully it still works fine, but the keys are sticky!  I am always extremely careful NOT to leave a drink at my computer area when I'm not right there because I don't want kids to spill it.  Well, I had my coffee right in front of me and the computer (usually it's to the side) and BAM, I went to type something and the mug tipped.  Grrr.....I don't panic much to the point of yelling, but I did this time.  (I do panic and have lots of anxiety, but I grumble mostly to myself about it, I don't typically let the whole world know with a raised voice).  Praise the Lord the laptop wasn't damaged!  Can you imagine how hard it would be to be without a laptop?  I can, because today, I was trying to keep up with the new Indian Creek homeschool group we've started and it seemed that every time I walked away for 30 minutes, there were about 10 messages I wanted to respond to when I got back.  I like to say welcome, and make everyone feel like they've been heard, and we are already discussing a meeting time and place!  CRAZY!  Guys, this is really God's hand because I've tried to start all kinds of groups pretty much on my own (with and without other admin people) and they never seem to go anywhere.  But I feel confident that this has been a need at our church for a LONG time, and all I had to do was push the ball from the top of the hill and let it go.  It's super exciting!  We have mentors and people who want to share their knowledge at meetings and younger families willing to listen and craving the information!  It's a beautiful thing!  And it's all God!

That's about it.  Normal week ahead with a couple of appointments.  So, onward we go on our journey!

It took 6 tries to get these two both looking at towards the camera without looking too dumb.  But, still, I love it when biggest brother sits next to littlest brother and I think, "wow, BOTH of these are MY kids? and that 14 yr old used to be that 2 yr old's size?" the contrast still blows my mind.  plus, they both act like 2 yr olds and throw tantrums ;-)  well, not all the time, but you know what I mean.  teens are tougher than toddlers!

It was so warm out that we got to eat outside on the porch!  76 degrees!  Woot! Woot!

Aww, Grandma and her (our) dog.  Socks obeys her pretty well.  Oh, and Socks turns 7 years old in 2 days!  I can't believe he'll be a senior doggie!

Jared tweeted this today, but it made me laugh that it says, "Translate from Indonesian!"  My baby can speak Indonesian?!  Lol!

That baby is the KING of us all right now!  Not only does Grandma has certain youtube videos pretty much saved in her viewing history that he loves, but she put a pillow behind his head and helped him lay down with his feet propped up on the arm!  Grandpa came in and saw that HIS chair was taken and said, "I'll go read on the porch, it's nice out."  Yes, Grandpa, you've been dethroned!  What a life!  I tease though because Gary and Leah are actually really great Grandparents and don't let the kids get away with nonsense.  They spoil the grandkids in just the right amount of doses.

Keturah says, "It's Summer!"  Yes, kid, for PEI it's Summer weather, I agree!  Where's the ocean?  But here, we just call it Spring!

While the older kids and Daddy went to church, Mommy and Abishai hung out with Grandma and Grandpa.  We went around the block for a walk, then hung out on the porch and driveway.  Grandma was tending the flower beds and Socks was her right hand dog.  I think they have a special bond since she does most of the feeding and tends to his other needs.  Abishai had a great time running barefoot up and down the driveway and on his bice and throwing bubbles around.  He listens very well when we tell him to turn around when he gets to the end of the driveway.  I've tried to praise his positive behavior more than I did for the others and I think that is helping.  I do praise them more often as well.  But again, wasn't Benaiah this small doing the same thing with Grandma?  Now he's throwing around a baseball with Grandpa and weighs more than Grandpa (Grandpa still has a couple of inches on him).  Time flies!
Our official pictures from the Shop and Hop came in my email inbox today!  That's Abishia's "smile for me" face!

Aw, petting the bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment