Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Year 2, Day 180: Ups and Downs

We had another family come over for a playdate today.  We had wanted to meet up at a local park or splash pad, but I knew I wasn't up for it.  I even had a dizzy spell while they were here.  I slept again this afternoon and it took a bit to get back up again.  I am horrible at getting to bed when Jared's gone, so I put the kids to bed early tonight, cranking this out and one more thing I hope, and then I'm saying good night early, early (as in 10pm maybe?)  During that nap, one child asked if he could walk a friend who came to the door, home, and then he came back.  The other child took off and didn't tell anyone.  So, we had a big lecture session when she got home and she's now grounded until Monday from friends.  This is a totally different world than I grew up in and even then we had these rules.  So, it was a bit of a rougher evening.  I did manage to pull off a gluten free thrown together meatloaf with veggies IN it.  (Different, but yummy!)  All 3 kids did eat it.  I did not accomplish what I had hoped to do today, so I need to hit it hard tomorrow.  I'm just so tired and moody.  Sigh.  Two more days and the boys will be home.


The boys did have an exciting day in that the Bible Bowl team did advance a couple of times and tomorrow they will be battle for 11th/12th place first thing in the morning.  Jared was able to meet up with a friend/past co worker from PEI for lunch and had a great chat.  I'm sure Gary worked the crowds, too.  And I'm sure Benaiah took notes on how to network with other ministry leaders and lay people.  It's a tiring job, but someone has to do it, right?  Lol.

Oh, we did also manage another summer time bucket list type item: homemade popsicles.  We even had the supplies in the house!  No, I didn't add the almond milk.  It was just left on the counter.

Ta-da!  Ready to go in the freezer.

Little man brought Ice Cream's cars to my bed first thing this morning.  "Ice Cream's seat"

Putting cars down his shirt because it's funny.  He was in rare form all day long.  Plus, the neighbor kid banging on the door during naptime woke him up.  Thus, early bedtime.

Look closely and you'll find a yellow goldfish in the back of "Daddy's truck."

Keturah played a hide and seek game with her friends.  Socks was loving having all that extra attention, too.

He's small enough t fit on the slide.  Then he slid backwards, folded in half, and couldn't get back up.

People liked my posts 72,000 times over the last 10 plus years!  Silly, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment