Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Day 91 Kindred Spirits

Ok, ok, that is TOTALLY an Anne of Green Gables pun of a title.  You can tell we live in the land of Anne with an "E."  Anyway, the title fits for today, or rather, tonight.

Pretty normal day over here, but I had a special evening away with a few of my "kindred spirits" in our homeschooling journeys.  It doesn't matter what group of people are your kindred spirits, but I'm sure you understand that when you are with those who totally "get you" and have similar opinions, it's just so encouraging and and blissful.  That's what I feel like tonight.  The things I have been saying for the last few months that I have learned and read about came up again at tonight's homeschool meeting and once again, just reassure me that we are where God wants us to be.  Notice I say WE are where God wants US to be.  I don't know what I would do without this group of (mostly) women.  I have learned so much from them and I'm at a point that I can also share wisdom as well.

But enough about me, this blog is about our FAMILY, and yes, homeschooling is part of our journey, too, so it must be talked about from time to time.  So, sometime next week, I will take a slight departure from the normal "how was our day" post in order to join a 31 day blog hopping event, specifically about homeschooling.  And if homeschooling isn't your thing, that's ok, just ignore it.  I'll still add pictures of our day somehow.

So onwards to today's pictures.  Typical day, so nothing too spectacular.  But those are the days that kids tend to remember anyway, the normal, typical routines you have from day to day. At least that's the kind of things I remember like going to that alternative high school's Shakespeare performance in the spring and buying their maple syrup from their sugar shack.  Pretty mundane, and yet, it stands out in my mind.

Ok, ok, pictures......


"Captain Adorable" is again having to wear a summer outfit in the winter because well, it will be too small once summer arrives in 4 months.

Typical Abishai trick.  He uses the lever on the chair to climb up.

The middles came up with a new "blanket tag" game and told Daddy to join because they needed a third player and Benaiah didn't want to play!

"Captain Adorable" can actually play video games! Yes, he asks for the "buttons" and can somehow make some moves happen.  Crazy generation.  And check out those cute squishy legs and arms!  Also, baby guy has a fever and isn't feeling well.  It could be anything from teething to ear infection to flue, we don't know yet.  He's still adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment