Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Day 351: Mixed Emotions

We took Stefanie and Auggie to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis, THE MOST AWESOME CHILDREN'S MUSEUM IN THE WORLD!!!  Yes, really, it is!  5 floors of incredible exhibits!!  The youngest two, Abishai and Auggie did great and we were there for over 3 hrs!  Auggie can get overwhelmed with lots of noise and crowds, so we weren't sure how he was going to do, but he did incredible!  So proud of him!  I'll write more with the pictures below, but first, I wanted to mention something that is on my mind.

As the weather has gone from wicked cold to above freezing and back again, I've been reminded of PEI.  I'm still on PEI's weather group on Facebook and I've been living vicariously through them when it comes to snowstorms.  They've been beat up this December with tons of snow.  And I miss it terribly.  I've always, always, always have missed the snow I grew up with in NH and was so excited to have it back again on PEI.  Today, in Indiana, we had a layer of black ice topped with slush and freezing rain.  It is NASTY.  I HATE it.  I don't mind walking on snow or driving on snowy roads, but driving in slush and on black ice, is much scarier since you don't know what is what.  You get wet and it's dreary, not pretty like snow.  So, I'm missing PEI's winter scenery a ton.  As far as people and events go, everything slows down on PEI due to the weather, so plans change often.  I would say we missed doing the annual craft day on the west side of the Island, but I'm not sure they even had it this year.  But I miss the people, too, especially those with big families that understand how you have to handle things (with loads of patience) and how you just keep on keeping on and eventually everyone is fed and dressed and schooled, etc.  I miss my Laura Peric and my Jo Jory.  I miss my Emily Ross and my Michelle Nash.  Life isn't the same without these women sometimes.  I need some homeschool talk time.  Although school is going well, I still like learning about other methods and what everyone is up to.  I miss going on field trips with them.  And seeing them around town.  I miss my peeps.

Oh wow, I just tried to upload pictures from today and there's like 100 of them!  I'm going to put them all in a Facebook album and put up a public link on this post.  If you can't see them, just let me know.  Even if you are not on Facebook, you can usually can see things that have linked to a blog post.  But I'll also post a couple of them here, too!

Here's the link to the Facebook album!
Auggie and Stefanie Visit December 2016


You know you are a homeschool family when....your not yet 2 yr old wants to read about Greek gods!

Yule tide slide! Stef and Auggie.

Justin and Keturah

At this moment, Abishai said, "Woah!"

Too big for the ice castle, boo! 
Playing with the toddler at the ice castle.


Another kid too big for the ice castle.

Justin's face! He was sad that he was too big for the ice castle!

I know, I know, I should have jumped in for the picture, but Jared was only in there because Abishai didn't want to sit still.  Yeah for Santa!

Auggie talking to Santa!

Awww!

Definition of a toddler: empty box equals place to get in and hide.  Or talk to the baby in the mirror.

Foo-foos!!!!  I.e. trains!  Abishai did LOVE seeing the trains, but we didn't let him play with the Thomas playsets because we would have never gotten him away from there.

Abishai babbled almost the whole time we were at the trains area.

Cutest bone digger on the planet!

Wa-wa, wa-wa, wa-wa!!  The new and improved ScienceWorks area is great!

This child is too big for almost everything at the museum it seems.

The climbing wall is made for you to go across it and not up and down.

Jared put Abishai up here, but he did try to climb it.

Carousel time!  The older two boys played video games while we enjoyed the ride!

Abishai was getting really tired at this point so we went home and just hung out.

Video game time!

Dinner before church.

They were rocking in the chairs, each with a ball, but it was time for church, so Abishai wanted his Bible.  These two are adorable together!
Everyone did a great job today, although it was long day.  Church was fine, and then we just hung out until bedtime.  Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment