Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Day 362: Too Many Words

Among other things today, I wrote a 5 page typed single space letter to some friends.  Who knew it would take that many pages to give just a few details about each family member?!  I might also be a little chatty because I don't have my best friend around to use my words with.  (Insert sad face).  But Jared and the boys had a fun day going to Home Depot, Meijer (twice), and playing video games on the gigantic TV screen at the in laws.  I heard they also did some reading and working.  Meanwhile, I went and got some bloodwork done and then took Keturah and Abishai to McDonald's.  And to my surprise, it was the McD's with the huge playplace we used to go to for MOPS playdates! I totally had forgotten that fact! And it was incredibly clean with very friendly staff.  Score!  After some playing, I dropped off our reverse advent giveaways at the thrift shop and headed home.

We messed around a bit and before we knew it, it was 2pm!  We had gotten up really late this morning, but still, Abishai was going to have a very late nap.  Whoops!  I think he's ready for us to push his nap just a tad further into the afternoon anyway.  But he's still sleeping 2-3hrs, which means he didn't wake up until 6, which means bedtime will be later and the cycle continues.  Oh well.  That's the way the cookie crumbles.  Then Jared brought Justin back and poor Abishai didn't understand why Daddy couldn't stay very long.  He's really missing his Dada.  It's pitiful the way he will scream "Dada!" every time he hears the phone ring or the door open.  I'm glad he's very attached to him.

That's about it for the day.  The kids opened up two more movies today, Inside Out and Captain America: Civil War.  I wish I had time to sit and watch with them, but I've got a ton of other things I should do, like write letters, mend pants, and prepare food (and clean it up again.)  Speaking of pants, I lost a few pounds over the past few weeks.  How?  I really don't know.  Maybe it's because I can't eat a lot of the food at most holiday get togethers.  Not anyone's fault, it's just a fact of living with food sensitivities and I'm always prepared with a snack in my bag if I need it.  But that means, I could fit into a smaller pair of jeans today!  Wahoo!  The goal is to lose weight and keep it off, even if it takes a long time to get there.  I've been eating a little chocolate/sugar every day, so it perplexes me that I lost weight now, because when I was doing no sugar at all, the scale wouldn't budge.  Hm,....

I did take a few pictures today, so, here they are:

The rechargeable batteries arrived today, so we were able to start using the label maker!  I let Keturah go to town with it, and boy did she love it!

Keturah labeled lots of things in her Lego hotel like the pool and bathroom.

Bedroom.

Kitchen - it's crooked and she tried to reposition it with her "little fingers" that could "work it."

Abishai loves Justin's new Ninjago Lego set and was very, very careful with it.  He slowly maneuvered the moving parts, including the wheel tracks.

Not even two years old and he can play with Legos.  Impressive!

Abishai missed his baba Justin and couldn't wait to play Legos with him.  He even tried to put the minifigures on the right way.

Abishai's new spot for cars and trains to line up.
Grandpa Johnson (or Grandma) bought these cool pom pom type balls that look like snowballs!  They have them at the Children's Museum for the kids to throw around.  Abishai LOVES them!

Mama is down a pants size and can wear these pants again!  Hard to tell, yes, but things do fit a bit better.

Breakfast after having to fast for bloodwork.  Don't worry, I didn't go overboard on food.  And yes, the hat that Keturah hardly ever takes off.

I think this is Abishai's first full kids' meal.  He looks so toddlerish here.  He ate all his chicken nuggets before he went off to play.  Then he polished off his juice afterwards and finished his fries at home.  This kid can eat!

This is why Abishai slept so long today.  He played hard going up and down the huge play place by himself.

Check out that hair do!

There's my babies way up high!

I think that companies are trying to make bigger profits.  So, I asked for and received this label maker for Christmas.  Put there was no power cord in the box.  You have to buy it separately.  Or put 6 AAA batteries in it.  Wouldn't you know, I don't have any adapters of this kind anymore because I was a good girl and got rid of them.  But the batteries from Amazon came today, so we were still able to mess around with it.  I think it cost something like $40 for the label maker and about another $40 to get enough supplies to keep it going for awhile.  Sheesh.

"Do Not Enter" Yes, we get it Keturah, however, the rule is NO CLOSED DOORS unless you are changing your clothes.  That rule has always been in place, but Keturah is notorious for disobeying it.

Oh, this generation can figure out anything electronic so easily.  Keturah found the symbols on the label maker and made all kinds of signs like this one in her room.  Label maniac.  It's a good thing the label maker is stored in my desk!

The first label I made was for my "Pencil Bouquet."  Awwww.  It's so pretty!  Cute borders, too.  It's going to be a fun tool to have for sure.  Thank you for getting it for me Mom and Dad!
Phew! Because of Abishai's late nap, he was hard to get down for bedtime.  It was after 9:30pm when he finally was ready for bed.  I'm glad I started this post earlier as they were running around and taking baths.  Tomorrow is a new day, without electronics, maybe a little more shopping at Meijer.  And who knows what else.  Maybe the kids will actually want to play a game with me or something.  Hm,....a Mama who loves board games can wish, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment