Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Year 2, Day 85 & 86: Quiet Week

Wow, 4 days of go, going, and gone have really taken it's toll on me.  I was in a lot of pain yesterday, and was still pretty tired today.  I'm glad that I am able to plan quiet days in between busy days.  The middles appreciate it, too.  It was good to be back at co op yesterday, but at the same time, I was so exhausted from the weekend that I just wanted to lay down somewhere and sleep.  I did get to lay down while the kids did their math and goofed off a bit.  Today was a great day.  I wasn't as sleepy, and the kids did most of their homework without complaining.  Actually, they were both digging in while I was getting breakfast without me asking them to.  Keturah and Justin are really beginning to become more independent.  They did fight a bit today, but was able to reign in it when told to.  They got their screen time while I rested.  I wanted to nap, but couldn't.  I still laid down though.  Tacos for dinner, picked up/packed up some of the extra toy car paraphernalia, and found all the t-shrits and pants that were missing from Justin's drawers!  They were all hidden in another drawer!  I just KNEW there were more clothes somewhere!  But now, Jared's missing several pairs of gym shorts.  I think there's a black hole in every closest in our house!  Sheesh!

We don't have any plans for the week, so we'll tackle school and maybe get outside if it's nice.  There's Bible Bowl competition this Saturday, and normal Bible Bowl practice and choir practice and youth group.  Grandpa is even putting Benaiah and his friend to work in the yard on Friday!  Spring is definitely here!  And that means those taxes need done!  I'll get there.  My brain has been in fibro fog mode so I couldn't tackle it even today.  Maybe tomorrow.

Playtime during math class.  Every week, Keturah asks if she can have a dollhouse like this one.  She has these take along type Barbie "rooms" that kind of are like a house, but she has never had a full house.  I'm glad she can play with this one though.

Why yes, I'm some crazy person from the west. - Justin

I've never seen a duplo set with a twisty slide and wooden bridge that teeters back and forth!  So cool!

A Duplo hopscotch and swing!

He took his oranges out of the bowl I put them in and set them up like this.  Yes, of course Abishai did.

This is what he wants for lunch, English muffin, raisins and mashed potatoes.  Ok, you can have the raisins and I'll give you the English muffin IF you finish your cereal from breakfast.

Aw, Baba is teaching little one all about Egypt, at least for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment