Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Year 2, Day 60: The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

The sun didn't actually shine today, instead it was extremely windy like I have never seen it before here in Indiana.  I think it was the back half of the wicked storms that went through the midwest overnight that woke us up numerous times with thunder, lightning, and 45-55mph winds.  Thankfully it wasn't bitterly cold, but it sure sounded like it could have been and it would have been if we were still on the Island.  Eek!  Therefore, I only went out once today and it was for an appointment that was actually scheduled for tomorrow.  Whoops! At least I was a day early and not a day late! So I sent Justin with Jared this afternoon and the youngest two and I stayed home for the rest of the day.

Keturah bemoaned doing her schoolwork with me this afternoon while Abishai napped, but we got it done and she got her screentime.  I did skip Zumba this week because I woke up in horrible back pain (thanks, weather, I don't like you!)  The boys have a Bible Bowl competition this weekend (and I get to go watch them!) so they needed this practice tonight I'm sure.  And then it was off to bed quickly because four out of 6 of us are going house hunting tomorrow!  Woot! Woot!  Perry Township, Franklin Township, even out to Shelbyville (the town)! Eeek!  Pray that maybe one of these will be "the one" and that we can move quickly because house are going extremely fast right now.  It's both fun and frustrating at the same time.  So, pray, pray, pray!  And pray for patience for the middle kids coming with us.  I like to hear their perspective because it's so unique, especially when they are focused on something that isn't as "important" as us adults think it should be, like, ahem, having your own room or having an above ground pool, etc.  Fun stuff!

I think we have a left handed child!  My sister is left handed and Jared says his grandmother insisted he use his right hand, so maybe he would have been left handed, too.  It will be quite interesting if he is left handed because I can barely teach right handed kids how to write.  Oh boy! 
March 1st equals changing the seasonal tree! I think I've wanted to do this for years and I've finally done it!  Woot! Woot!  I do have a fake plant that has leaves that looks like four leaf clovers for St. Patrick's Day, plus books on the real story of St. Patrick.  Abishai is already having fun with the Easter basket and other eggs we have.  And that's about all we do with the Easter bunny/egg stuff.  Now, gotta figure our what we are doing for Lent devotions and such.

No joke.  Indiana had a Tornado Watch last night IN FEBRUARY! And there was a huge tornado in Illinois with deaths and lots of damage.

 
Nasty storms!

Yes, it was extremely hard to drive on the highway today.  I was a bit scared actually and did slow down because of i.t

Jared posted this on Twitter with the hashtag #work.  Yes, Abishai did his work of parking cars.  Not sure how much work Jared got done today.
And to follow suit, here's my work station, complete with it's own set of cars.  Abishai actually was walking around with the recorder trying to play it while music played from the Hello Kitty thing.  Future band member?  And a shout out to Justin for finding my earbuds I lost on Monday!  They were just hidden among the boots since Sunday.  Now I can put away those huge headphones you see there.  And now back to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment