Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Year 2, Day 59: Just Average

Well, today was just average for most of us.  It was emotionally draining for me, but I'm not going to focus on that.  You all heard about it on Facebook.  Just some emotional things hitting me all at once that needed to get out.  So, it got out.  And the kids were excellent about it today, doing their schoolwork, leaving me alone, and not even fighting.  Go them!  We got through a lot this afternoon, too, even with Mr. Antsy Pants, I mean Justin, couldn't sit still.  Jared worked a full day with some meetings.  I never stepped out the door today so I have no idea what the weather was like.  Benaiah went to school.  Abishai started calling his "babas," "ba-bees" instead because some of the adults do.  He also said, "Nigh-Nigh," and was concerned about cars going through the "wa-we" car wash.

Ah, preteens who forget how to listen.  I told him to read the instructions.  I didn't tell him to open the can of crescent roll dough and do it without me.  Anyway, I was going to have him spread butter, sugar, and cinnamon inside the crescent rolls and then roll them up to make cinnamon rolls.  I'm not sure if he un rolled them properly or not to begin with because they came out looking like biscuits.  But when I went in there to check on him, he had already started to put cinnamon, sugar, and a pinch of salt on them.  He had heard Grandma say that salt brings out the sweetness of the sugar more.  And yes, he did do it start to finish all by himself, including the oven  I think we have a baker on our hands.

They look great!

I was fixing the mistakes on Keturah's loom and Abishai wanted to join in.  He called it the "wa-we vroom vroom" aka car wash.


Keturah promised me she would do a little more work after screen time today and she did without complaining!

Eeek! It was good thing I was right there and took the cars off after he walked away.  I don't want the tension getting messed up from the weight of the cars.

Justin asked me to print off some sheet music for him, although he really doesn't know enough theory yet.

Yes, you read it right, it's music from Minecraft.  But it's kind of pretty.

Although Abishai wanted to knock them all down, Keturah and Daddy had fun playing the classic game of Guess Who.

No comments:

Post a Comment