Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Day 114 The end of a chapter has come

This family blog would be incomplete if all I ever wrote was of the positive, happy moments in our lives.  So, it is now time to share with you, one of the saddest, heartbreaking news for our family.  Jared's job as president of Maritime Christian College has ended.  It was not something we wanted, and now it's a major storm.  Thankfully, his job was only one "barrel" in our many-barreled lives here.  I'm sure you will hear more from me as we say our final goodbyes.  I have never had such wonderful kindred spirits as I have had here.  I hardly ever cry, especially around people.  Yet, I cannot drive, or be with people on a playdate, or look at a picture of our Island without bursting into tears.  That is how much I have enjoyed living on Prince Edward Island.  This blog was started when we were packing up to move here.  It didn't continue on like I thought it should, but nonetheless, that's when I started.  But now we have to leave quickly, perhaps within the next 3 weeks.  That is not enough time to visit all those special places one last time and have that one last playdate and pack up all our stuff.  There will not be enough words to properly express my thankfulness for my time here.  I have felt very loved in my circle of friends.  But every place has its plus and minus.  We do not know what is next, but we will return to whence we came, Indiana, for the time being.  The world is big, and maybe, just maybe, there is an even more beautiful place than Prince Edward Island.  But somehow, I doubt it.

Can't you see that this Canadian belongs here?

Ready to take on the world, plaid shirt, blue jeans, no shoes and it's 50 degrees and drizzly.

Look at world, I'm rarin' to go, as soon as they let me out of my prison cell!

No comments:

Post a Comment