Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Day 93 Rain, Rain Go Away

I've had a very rough day physically today, so I'm glad it was a Saturday with no plans.  Typically I try to work on more home based projects, but I just couldn't muster up the strength for it.  Instead, we watched "Heaven Is For Real" together.  We didn't explain to the kids what it was about.  They didn't have any questions pertaining to the subject of heaven, but did ask about kidney stones.  I had the book before or right after my mom passed away, so I knew the story and was anticipating how the movie makers would portray each piece.  I'm not a theologian, but I felt there was a bit of wrong theology in there.  I wish they had talked about believing in Jesus as our Savior as the only way to Heaven, not just believing there is a heaven.  Although Christian movies are much more mainstream and they are making strides in their cinematography, the movie did still feel pretty cheesy.  We had borrowed it from the library, and I don't know if we'll end up owning it eventually or not.

Anyway, then I worked on the blog post for next week while Abishai puttered back and forth with the other kids in and out of the kitchen all day (where my computer desk sits).  I only made a little progress before Keturah had to be taken for her gymnastics class.  While she was at class, the boys watched Jurassic World.  I almost wrote Jurassic PARK because the story line is almost exactly the same in both movies.  And since Park scared me as a kid, so did what little I saw of World.

Keturah all ready for gymnastics! Yes, I know, she's my mini me!


She's my mini me all right! Her hair is so fine and won't stay in a ponytail!  I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be allowed to use Flexi clips at gymnastics, so I didn't ask.  But, I did try a little extra hard this week on it.


And here's Justin's "official" basketball picture.  Other programs I know about in the states take pictures of the athletes, but they do not do them here.  So, I did my own!


The highlight of our day was taking a quick trip to the Sobeye's grocery store to pick up a couple of things for potluck tomorrow.  We were trying to figure out when Abishai had last left the house and I think it's been nearly a week!  So, we let him walk up and down the aisles to see the "great big world."  He had a blast!  Especially when he got near the cheese section.  We would walk him a bit away and then he would turn around and straight back for it grinning from ear to ear and screeching over it! I can't believe my baby is ready to do all that big boy walking and getting into stuff!  *sniff sniff*



Spring at last!  My irises are coming up! It was almost 50 degrees Fahrenheit today, but it will be back in the 20's next week.

And don't forget to check out the blog party I'm part of this month!   




No comments:

Post a Comment