Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Day 331: When things don't go as planned

I'll keep the whining to a minimum, but I had rough day trying to make it through church, chores, decorating, toddlers and the like with one of those nasty head colds where your eyes water and nose runs and you can't stop coughing.  I did take a nap, but I'm not going to make it to co op tomorrow.  Jared said he can drop off the kids and take over a movie I had for one of my classes.  Sigh.  That's how life goes sometimes.

Meanwhile, the kids had a normal day of church, Grandparents' house for lunch, weird nap schedule for Abishai, bowling for the middles, homework for Benaiah, running around the house in Santa hats, and bedtime.  Abishai said "Abishai Go" when he watched a video of himself on his tricycle! He also heard the sound of the cookie jar opening at Grandma's house and turned around in his chair to see me do it, just like dogs can hear the rustling of humans in their pantry and they come running.  He's a cookie hog, just like Benaiah, Jared, and Gary, lol.  Grandma has to make chocolate chip cookies constantly to keep up with those 4!

Let's see, pictures.  I posted the rest of the Michael W. Smith pictures on my Facebook page, and the videos are on my YouTube channel.  Otherwise, here are the random pictures of the day.

That face!  This is the kind of crazy "purple minion" (Despicable Me 2) face when the kid is fed a pumpkin cream cheese roll, fruit loops, and red cranberry jello salad leftover from Thanksgiving.  Hyperactive hyper drive! (Toy Story)

Because we've been burning real firewood during the last two fires, we've had more ash.  And even after many hours afterwards, we have had glowing embers in the ash!  Cool!

Movie time with Daddy!

Big trains are great for minifigure transportation.

More glowing embers.  And while I was at the concert last night, Daddy and the kids roasted marshmellows!

"And the stockings were hung with care..."

Little People's nativity set given to Benaiah for his first Christmas 14 years ago.  The music doesn't work anymore, but it's still a great toy!

After some prompting, Abishai recognized the Dada, Mama, Baba, and Sissy, in the playset.

Two stockings.  I'll show you the mantle once it's finished.  I'm so excited about it!

What's funnier than wearing a Santa hat when you are brushing your teeth?  Nothing apparently because these two were having a giggle fest!

Two more stockings.

And the final two stockings.  Why did Mommy get the smallest stocking?  These stockings came from the Great Grandparent Johnsons house I believe, as well as some other decorations I'll show you another time.

Little ears hear lots of things and came running when Daddy got out the ladder to get his tea.

Helping Daddy make tea.

PERFECT face for this situation.  I have no idea if he did this on purpose or it fell over by itself.  There were no ornaments on it, thank goodness.  But since I didn't know what happened, I said, "Naughty tree," since maybe he got scared that it fell down near him and said, "Naughty Abishai" just in case he did knock it down.

Obsessed with macaroni and cheese for dinner, more, more, more!!  He even ate Keturah's portion!

Jared killed a moth and was able to feed the venus fly trap with it!  There's also another closed leaf that Jared fed a fruit fly to.  Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment