Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Day 304: Happy Reformation Day!

Happy Reformation Day everyone!  And that is my opinion on what October 31st means to me and I will not go into the why's we don't celebrate this day like others do.  Just not for us.  But what is Reformation Day?  Look it up!  It's when Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the doors of a church in Wittenburg in 1517 that pointed out the faults of the Roman Catholic Church.  It's the birth of the Reformation and the Protestant Church.  Some families celebrate in bigger ways by having a feast or dressing up like those in the 16th century.  I just say, "Happy Reformation Day!"

Anyway, this happened:
One of our homeschool co op moms is a face painting artist!  Since some of us don't celebrate the holiday, we put a little fun into our day by adding some color.  She did it in between classes.  Otherwise, there was no mention of the day and I didn't hear anyone ask my kids what they were going as.  #WIN

A dolphin, of course, and Keturah was begging for more.  I told her she can get out the face painting kits in the bathroom and mess around if she wants and she can go on YouTube and watch how it's done.  And she can use regular paints to practice on paper, too.  I've always been afraid of the messes, but I'm getting better at letting go of it.

While Daddy was taking the pictures, Abishai at and watched the "show" and after each picture he would clap and say, "Yeah!"  Cute picture of him, too.

"Hello, I'm Barry Allen, and I'm the fastest man alive!"

TONS of details!

A little bit like Elsa from Frozen and there were sparkles!!


Random idea since toddler needed to be entertained while we ate - put food on his trains!

He LOVES to stack and his VERY good at it!  He did this all by himself, even figuring out that he had to rearrange it to make the last two pieces work.  He's an engineer.

Candy bar from Grandma.

Then he put all 3 pieces in his mouth at once.
These are the details of mine.  There were lots of sparkles too! I was totally giddy over them!


Justin wanted me to get the pumpkin like one of the other mom's had.  Although orange isn't my color, I happily obliged.

Our friend did my face in less than 10 minutes.  She can be hired to do this, but I don't guarantee that she has time.  She's also the kids' botany teacher and you've seen what they are creating for their fairy gardens.  She's also a herbalist and makes soaps and lotions.  Very talented lady.

Benaiah stayed home from school one more day, so Grandma had him and Abishai at their house today.  Abishai was struggling with his Jell-O, so Grandma was said, "Yeah!" when he finally got a bite in his mouth.  So then he had to copy her and clap for himself when he did it a second time!  As you can see, man child is on his computer, once again.  Actually, he doesn't get to spend a lot of time during the week on it like he used to, so his weekends are his downtime.  Or maybe he's studying for his geography test.  Either way, I'm sure it's fun!
I found a friend my size! Abishai was sooo excited!  This little one just turned 1.  Adorable!

There, there, Wonder Woman, Superman isn't dead. (Batman v. Superman)
Then we ran errands, dinner, the kids watched Angry Birds with Daddy, and I got our house in order for the week.  The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment