Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Year 2, Day 121: Too Many Changes, Too Fast

Gotta love it when the toddler, teenager and momma are all in a funk and are grumpy all at the same time.  But moving on, because no one wants to listen to me whine.  Just know that some of my closest friends did guess rightly that I wasn't myself today.

Moving on.  (which is part of the issue, but anyways)

Typical Monday, and although we got out the door fine, and overall the day went fine, my heart wasn't in it.  We only have one week left, which is very bittersweet.  But, we'll be moving closer to at least one of the families, and hopefully we'll stay in touch with them.  Then we all crashed at the in laws house for supper because I had to pick up Abishai anyway, so I decided why not also cram in dessert night at church and get it over with.  Then I don't have to go out another day this week.  But now I'm exhausted because Abishai is exhausting just to look at these days.  He went round and round tables and chairs and people like the Energizer bunny on steroids!  We all know Gary can be fast paced with his type A personality, well, Abishai is just like his Grandpa times 1,000!  And he's got the "no" down pat now.  It's a good thing I have a village to raise him with me because I don't have the stamina I used to.

Dessert night was fine.  Lots of statistics and updates on succession, finances, building changes, etc.  Nothing too major.  Jared got to show off the e2 office, while my kids got to show off how they all can fit into a cubby of the bookcase.  I finally got to meet the new guy, Dan, as well.  Seems like a great guy.  I know when you are doing a large event, you can't cater to everyone's dietary needs, but it would have been nice to have something there that was gluten free.  It's a good thing I had two gluten free brownies at lunch at co op today.   That's the advantage of a smaller group/church, you can be sensitive to the needs of the group.

Somebody has very dirty paws when playing in freshly mowed, damp grass.  Yuck!

This is his cheesy face!

The town of Popperville from Mike Mulligan and the Steam Shovel.  I built it.

Math class fun.  There was a front door and a welcome mat and pools and cowboys and indians in this hotel of sorts.

Yes, she picked it up!  Then it crashed!

It's a track, it's a snake, it's a lei!  It's a colorful necklace on Justin!
The temperature dropped throughout the day to maybe 50 degrees by sundown.  But that doesn't stop Mr. Ourdoorsman and his bubble machine!  So many giggles trying to attack Justin!

Lots of bubbles!

Action shot!

My kids were literally climbing the walls today!

Or the kids were out goofing around on the deck.

Time for another informational meeting.

I watched as Keturah gathered up the plates, cups and forks into a well stacked pile, like a professional bus boy.  I don't know where or how she learned it, but cool!

Perfect hideaway for a toddler.  I think we need to stock one of those cubbies with cool kid toys!

Crawling up walls....hiding in bookcases...crawling under chairs....you'd think they owned the place.

Yes, no joke, all 3 of them tried it at the same time.
Next up: a totally at home day full of catching up and packing.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment