Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Year 2, Day 128: Uh, I think we're moving....

I've gotten a lot done in the last couple of days, but now I have to stop because the next few days are pretty full with prom and field trips.  So, the kids have been bored, and fighting more, so I had to implement a new strategy with screen time: for every good thing you do without whing, homework, clean something, help mom, etc., you get 15 minutes.  It backfired today when they kept coming to me to ask for things to do and I needed to be left alone to sort things out.  Sigh.  But they got about 1 hr worth of TV and didn't complain when time was up.  I did have to completely take away TV again for Keturah because of her snotty attitude.  I think moving puts us all into an anxious frame of mind.  It's just chaos.  The kids have enjoyed being able to spread out more because the floors are more open.  Just another reminder as to why we have so much stuff!?  They were getting stir crazy by the time we left for church, so I can't wait to let them loose in the new yard.  And this is precisely why Grandma took them with her back to Indiana a month before we moved last year.  They are just underfoot!  But, we are almost show worthy.  Then I can slow down a tad and do a little bit more school with them to finish out he year.

But....we close on the house in 8 days!  Woot! Woot!  Are we really buying a house again?  Yes, we really are! We've loved renting.  So, I'm not sure if I'm excited or anxious about owning a house again.  We haven't done yardwork in 5 years either.  It's going to be strange for a little bit.

And, you know what else is strange?  Your baby going to his first prom!  Say what?!  I think we've got a schedule figured out tomorrow, but it's going to be tight.  I'm dying to get some great pictures of him and his friends downtown tomorrow evening.  I've watched as other moms have blasted Facebook for years with their kids in their prom gear.  It's finally my turn!  You see, I didn't go to a prom.  There was no homeschool one, and I wasn't close to anyone who would take me to the big city high school proms.  It's all very new and excited for me.  But Jared?  Well, he hated prom and didn't even attend his senior prom! So, he's like "who cares?"  I can't wait to show you what Benaiah's "date" is wearing!  Oh my gosh, I laughed aloud!  So much goofball fun! They are going to have a blast!  And they'll be very safe since it's just the school's people plus maybe a few "dates" that have been vetted.  It's over at 10, too.  There's an after prom bonfire, but Benaiah didn't want to go to that.  Ah, the benefits of a small school!  Sweet!

The table has been cleared off!

Yes, I know how to turn this off and on.  Fun!

What kid doesn't like to hammer a toy?

Ta-Da! Table is gone!  Bookcase is gone!  Lots off books and odds and ends for school are gone!

Where did Abishai go?  There he is!

Abishai shouted and waved, "Go!" to Justin because Justin was a horse!

Baby butt on a basketball. Soooo cute!

Adorable!

No, babee, you can't copy me!

Is this a tunnel for me?

Lots of space!

Yesterday's tree climbing!

Work, work, work,  and I have more work for him, too!

"Look!  A caterpillar!"  Daddy saved it from being run over by a bike!

"Can I touch it?"  "Sure!"

I'm keeping these pics on my phone to show Keturah what I mean by her hair not being properly brushed.  It's still bumpy and wavy here.

Much smoother!  And better!

Monkey See, Monkey Do!  He wouldn't go to sleep until he showed Daddy what he could do!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment