Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Monday, May 29, 2017

Year 2, Day 149: Race Day 2017

Weirdness.  Not going to church on Sunday, but we had Sunday dinner just the 6 of us, at the in laws house today.  Tried to find a live stream of THE race on YouTube, but could only watch a few minutes of it.  Then Jared stayed at the house and the rest of us went back to the condo for quiet/nap time.  Jared joined us later.  Then it was a mad dash to get boxes to the garage before the downpour of rain.  Tomorrow we pick up a Thomas toddler bed for Abishai (hopefully) and Benaiah plans to do his Grandpa work.  Meanwhile, the others have had way too much TV time and Abishai literally played tornado at Grandma's house.  We found several tabletops that were cleared off of books and papers because Abishai whooshed by, no joke!  It's going to be an upside down week, and if you are available, I think we are getting a box truck for FRIDAY not Saturday.  My anxiety level is starting to creep higher.  I have to keep telling myself that as long as everything gets to the new house, I can rearrange it all to my liking after everybody leaves.  I don't like moving things more than once, but, at least I don't have to lift the boxes myself, right?  So, we'll rest up the next 3 days and hit it hard for the next week after that.

Oh, Benaiah calculated his GPA and it's a 3.6!  Woot! Woot! I pulled out my high school transcript for comparison and it was a 3.8 when I graduated and I graduated college with that as well.  Jared had high grades in high school, but played way too many video games and had too many long talks via AOL Instant Messenger with his girlfriend (me) and had barely graduated college on time with some passing grades.  But, he made up for it by getting like a 3.9 in graduate school.  Grades aren't everything, but it's nice to know that we all have brains that do learn and work well and can spit out the information we learned when needed.

Need to make a plan and go before they are all gone!

Typical holiday lunch - brats and burgers on the girl and salad!

Littlest guy, who loves his biggest brother to pieces, helping out!

Benaiah is such a great big brother to all of his siblings!  He wrestles the boys constantly and helps Keturah out when he can.



Typical day filled with cars of every sort and shape and color. 
Not much left to do but play chess.


Abishai's turn.

Justin asked if he could use the camera because Abishai was cute.  Justin took this very awesome picture!

Sadly, there isn't much to do but watch some bus shows.

Beautiful feet.

Found these signs in my homeschooling binder as I was cleaning it out.  We are officially done with school this year!

Eenie, meenie, mini,....mo didn't want to particpate.

Goofballs.

We had some thunderstorms this evening, but then the windows seemed brighter again, which usually indicates that the sun is back.  And it was!

And the clouds lifted!







Daddy, I want to show you something on Facetime!  Yes, Abishai did turn the phone around so he could show Daddy Keturah's bed.  Then he hit the "end call" button.

Abishai wanted to snuggle with Keturah and maybe fall asleep in her bed.  Well, they snuggled, and Keturah fell asleep by 9:30.  Abishai was rolling around, so I put him in his crib.  Finally at 10:30 I gave him some naturopathic teething tablets with chamomile in them, because he wasn't falling asleep!  I think I still heard him at 11pm!  What a goof!

No comments:

Post a Comment