Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Year 2, Day 11: Finished!

Today the middles and I finished the last bit of review of the Mystery of History curriculum!  That's four, very detailed, heavy volumes chronicling all of history thoroughly studied in 4 1/2 years!  Woot! Woot!  To think we started it back in 2012 when Keturah was barely 4 years old!  Now, we are going through it again because I doubt she has retained much from the first couple of years.  The first year is pretty easy for us since it starts with Creation and basic Bible stories, like the flood, and dinosaurs, etc. and we've talked about that a lot.  But we'll be going through ancient civilizations again, and major/minor prophets, right up until Jesus' ministry in this first volume.  I'd love to speed up and get us back on starting and finishing a volume within our school calendar year, but I will just keep plugging away as is because there are many days we run out of time with other fun things like field trips and appointments.  Anyway, it's a major accomplishment sticking with something big like that!  Some homeschoolers, including myself, tend to use different curriculum every year, or whenever they find something new and shiny.  The only other curriculum I've done multiple years with is Abeka in the beginning mostly for phonics, and Math U See math.

Otherwise, it was your typical Wednesday at home, doing school, working, playing etc.  Abishai did have a bath all by himself where he swam around like a pro and had a lovely time!  I usually have Justin take a bath with him to help me keep an eye on him so I can do something else.  Obviously tonight I had to stay in there with Abishai.  Which reminds me that I really need to make some effort to get to some indoor pools around here.  Sigh.

It was warmer outside I think (I didn't go out), but there was a bunch of fog midday.  We have a bit of a warm up to the lower 50's and then will cool back down to the 30's again.  That's still much warmer than PEI.  My body doesn't really like the swing in temperatures much, and it can tell that the weather has changed despite me being inside most of the time.  I woke up in a great deal of pain this morning and more restless legs than usual.  I do have a follow up appointment next week with the naturopath and I'm excited to see what the bloodwork tells us and what she will want to do next.

The older boys had a pizza party at Bible Bowl tonight, so that was fun.  Benaiah also had his midweek high school boys d-group (discussion group/Bible study) start up again.  It meets right before Bible bowl and during the first 1/2 hr or so of it.  I remember my high school girls Bible study days where we would meet typically at my friend's Michelle's house and do Bible study usually in her bedroom.  She had this cool emoji (just the smiley guy) poster way before emojis became popular.  It just seems like yesterday, yet it was over 20 years ago.  Which brings me to another interesting fact of the day.  I was watching a video about a Christian band that I grew up with and that has been restarted lately, Audio Adrenaline.  There is no longer any founding members in the band, and the current lead singer said that he hopes that the band continues for another 30 years.  I went, "30 years? No way! Didn't they start when I was in high school?"  Well, sure enough, wikipedia gave me a full history of the band and yes, they are 30 years old.  They started at Kentucky Christian University as the band A-180 in 1986.  I knew that they started there, and I've seen the plaque that says that, but that was, 20 years ago.  Now I just feel very, very old. And these guys must be getting close to 50 years ago.  Wow!  Crazy!

Anyway, moving on to some cute pictures.

Keturah woke up feeling a little sick to her stomach, so she laid down on the ouch.  Well, Abishai decided to join her.  They were sharing the blanket, too.

Cute baby feet!

Jared was holding Abishai at lunch time and decided to put him on the countertop.  Then I gave him some pizza.  Well, I said, "And who do you think you are that you get to eat sitting on the countertop?"  Which led to Jared and Justin joining him because well, it's fun!

Keturah's turn to eat on the countertop!

Yummy berry milkshake/smoothie!  No sugar because it was just frozen berries and lactose free milk!

Abishai kept saying, "Cold, cold!"  But he drank most of it before naptime.

After naptime, Abishai found a very special toy to play with because it was left within his reach.  He kept turning the cookie sheet so he could play on both sides.  He and Daddy put all the mini "dolls" (not minifigures according to a picture book about Legos) back together and lined them up on the roof.

Keturah was up and about for most of the day, but this evening she laid down again to watch TV.  Abishai went and found his blankie and paci and cuddled up with her.

More cute baby toes!

Then, baba Justin came home from Bible Bowl.  Abishai asked for him to read to him, and read they did.  Adorable!  I also heard Jared's truck backing up into our garage so I said, "Daddy's home!" and Abishai ran from our room to the front door chanting, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!"  Boy is he going to miss Daddy when he goes to the office most of the day.  And so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment