Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Day 126 Progress!

Those around me are reassuring me that we're making great progress.  I hope so! This is definitely a growth area for all of us.  Grandma Leah is here to help watch the kids so Jared and I can work together uninterrupted.  We got under the basement stairs done and then I was able to rebox several boxes, ready to receive other misc. stuff that is strewn across the house.  And tomorrow, my friend Laura comes back to finish off those books! My friend Rachel also stopped by today to drop off some books she borrowed and brought a French Vanilla coffee from Tim's just for me.  Sweet! My friends know my well!  I wanted to get a picture of her and the kids, but she's going to come back and help another day, too.  The kids and I are really enjoying these impromptu playdates/packing parties.  Too bad it took something like this to get those playdates scheduled!  But I'm so grateful that we do have so many friends to help.  We are blessed! While the middles played and the moms talked, Jared and Grandma took Benaiah out for a little one on one time.  It's nice having others there to help take care of the kids when life is overwhelming.  There's a good point to the saying "it takes a village to raise a child." Parenting is definitely easier with a few other close relatives and special friends helping out.

Working on his computer - just like Daddy (he also thinks this toy has a touch screen, which it does not.)

Marking up a book - just like Daddy (no, he can't actually make the marks because it's a mechanical pencil and the lead is retracted.)  Daddy likes to highlight stuff in his books.

A little downtime before bed.

Downtime before includes a little music.

And a Timbit.

Progress! Boxes ready to receive more stuff of the same category.  Most of these items needed new boxes due to floods or from moving and storage.

This are was overflowing this morning.  We actually moved some "done" boxes from another area to here under the stairs to get them out of the way.  And again, boxes are ready to receive other misc. stuff of the same category.

No comments:

Post a Comment