Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Day 152 And they're gone!

"They" being furniture! Yup, it was time to clear out the unwanted furniture.  Habitat for Humanity ReStore was happy to receive lots of great stuff the last two days.  Sad to see some pieces of furniture go, but sometimes you have to make tough decisions.  I also closed up a lot of boxes today that only needed "one more thing" or I kept it open "just in case I find..." I just needed some "closure." We took down curtains and more things off the walls.  The men undid my stack of boxes from my parents so I could possibly go through them or at least rebox some of the tubs that have gotten crushed over time.  Soon I'll be packing our bags for the flights to our old/new home.  And then all that's left is the bathroom, some kitchen stuff, 3 pieces of furniture to find new homes, and final cleaning.  Two weeks until moving day.  I'm hoping that we won't even need a trailer to be added to the 26 ft Penske truck, but I won't be upset if we need one.  You just have to give this gal a goal and she'll do her hardest to make it.  It's in the unknown that one gets fearful and anxious.  Give me a plan and I can execute it.  And when Momma is happy, everyone's happy, right?  Actually, well, no, family can be happy even when Momma ain't happy, but it certainly helps when Momma is in a good mood.  Middles had a great time playing with an old friend with water guns since it was 90 degrees outside.  Meanwhile, it was 75 here, with a nice breeze.  Then a huge thunderstorm came through! Normally we don't have thunderstorms here because the conditions just aren't right, but that's two thunderstorms in 1 week! The midwestern husband is happy about that! I love a good thunderstorm, but not the tornadoes that sometimes comes with them.  Not sure what we are going to do with being on the 2nd floor of a condo building.  Yikes!

We found a way to keep Abishai still for a few minutes! 
Going to miss downtown Charlottetown and places like Tim Horton's.  It's so gorgeous down there this time of year with all the tulips!  I didn't have time today to get pictures of the tulips, but imagine every "green" space being filled with them!
Saturday is Benaiah's birthday, and he LOVES Finding Nemo, STILL! I teased him today with showing him this kid sized lounge chair.  Finding Dory comes out on June 17th and he wants to be there for it's "midnight showing." Yes, we all have that movie that as a toddler we were obsessed with.  Mine was The Little Mermaid.  Justin's is Cars.  And I think Keturah's is Frozen.

We took the knife out of Abishai's hands pretty quickly, but we had gotten to Benaiah's birthday dinner already passed Abishai's nap/bedtime so he was wired.  He just wanted to use utensils to eat with!

Related much? (But I didn't notice that Benaiah had given me his "derp" face. Ugh!)

Birthday dinner: the 2012 winner of PEI Burger Love at Papa Joe's!  Happy birthday (on Saturday) 14 year old!

I tried to pick something I wouldn't make at home or would miss not being near the sea, so I choose blackened salmon covered in pecan maple sauce.  Oh my goodness! Just the right amount of sweetness! On some spinach and Island mashed potatoes.  Yum!

Then, it was off to Goji's for birthday dessert!  Jared had tweeted, "Two trips to Goji's in less than a month, and BOTH times, it has poured rain while we were in there."  We are all very full and ready for some sleep!  Oh wait, Grandpa took Benaiah to see X-Men Apocalypse, it's 9:45 pm showing tonight.  So they won't be home until after midnight.  All for the 14 yr old's birthday.  And he deserves it.  We have a 14 y ear old!  Crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment