Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Friday, May 13, 2016

Day 133 Too busy.

Too busy to take pictures and too tired to write a blog post last night, so here is yesterday's.  My friend Rachel and her crew came cover again, but this time I put them to work.  Her 11 year old and Justin went around with a hammer and pulled out all the nails and pushpins they could find.  The girls carried a few things up and down the stairs, and then I told them they could go play.  They went outside and played at the playground for a long time.  Rachel and I packed 8 boxes plus refilled two others that needed a little bit more purging/rearranging and that hadn't fully become undone four years ago.  We also, with hoping it doesn't snow anytime soon, put away the winter coats.  Yippie! And, I had two more bags for Bibles for Missions (equivalent of Goodwill or Value Village).  I've taken no less than 20 bags of stuff to BFM! Never mind all the stuff I've given away too.

Then it was off to the dentist for all 5 of us (Abishai stayed home with G'ma).  We all did well and had 0 cavities!  Plus, I asked about braces since it had recently come up in conversation and the dentist doesn't think any of the kids are going to need them!  Praise the Lord!  Benaiah has 0 baby teeth left, and most or all of his adult teeth (except for the wisdom teeth).  Justin has 8 or 10 more baby teeth to lose (he just lost 2 of them last week!) and they are very loose.  Keturah also has about 10 more teeth to loose.  And I wasn't as sore this time, bonus!

Then we ran a ton of errands from Kent to BFM, to Staples, to UHaul, to both Sobeye's and Shoppers' for prescription medicines.  All in about 1 1/2 hrs! We got 'er done!  So, no wonder I was done with the day early.  But I knew that today/tomorrow and the rest of the weekend would be focused on spending time with Keturah and Justin who are leaving on Monday, I would get to rest some then.  (To be continued....)


No comments:

Post a Comment