Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Day 122 Sabbath Rest

There is a reason God created the earth and it's inhabitants in 6 days and rested on the 7th day.  He was setting up a pattern for His creation to follow: work 6 days and rest on the 7th day.  And this rest day is often called the Sabbath.  We take our Sabbath on Sunday, like most people do in our culture.  We've always gone to church, shared Sunday dinner, and then taken naps, whether it be at our house or my in laws house.  Even when we didn't have a child who napped anymore, Jared and I still napped while they played quietly.  The only work I do is plan for the rest of the week.  So, today, I took a good Sabbath Rest.  After working so hard yesterday, I really needed it.  And I'm glad I did.  It was gorgeous out, so most of us went for a walk around the block and enjoyed some time at a nearby playground.  Benaiah was already out walking with his friends, so he didn't get to play with us.  Justin had been out most of the afternoon anyway, so his face got a little pink from the sun. Yeah for spring!

I finally got some irises in the fall and they are finally coming up!  Too bad I have to leave them behind when I move.








Because of the hill, Abishai shouldn't stand back up! We laughed for 30 seconds before helping him, poor kid!

Sister is always helpful.

First taste of PEI red dirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment