Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Day 166 Loading day!

As I knew it would, it has taken a few days to get myself back up and running here at the blog.  I will go ahead and do my best to separate out the days.  So, here goes.

Tuesday, moving day. First of all, some stats: 3 hrs, 3 circle of friends, 1 26 ft truck, 1 9 ft (inside length) trailer, 50 boxes of books plus bookcases for them all, 1 broken corner cabinet, 4 teens goofing off, equals a job well done.  It was a rainy day, but most of the stuff got on the truck before the downpours.  We did have to get a trailer, but it wasn't stuffed full.  The truck was maxed out though.  We were amazed at how many people showed up from Jared's pastors' group and some from our church and even some from our homeschool group!  Abishai was babysat by a friend of mine, which helped tremendously.  A couple of women finished up the kitchen.  One of our truck drivers finished handwashing the whole full of the downstairs.  I walked through the whole house doing my triple checks and praying for the new tenants.  I didn't find my wedding ring I've been missing for 18 months.  Bummers!  The teens had a blast with one another.  Jared and I held our emotions together.  It was a great day by many standards.  And yes, I was able to downsize our belongings from 3296sq  ft to 1930 sq ft in 6 weeks, a reduction of 40%!!!  Talk about decluttering! We will be getting a select few pieces of new furniture and odds and ends once we get there.  Now, don't ask me to toss a single item more of our existing belongings for the next 4 yrs! I'm done! And less will be brought in I'm sure.  But I set a goal and God helped me get to that goal.  Phew!  But it was done with plenty of time to spare.  But we ended the day exhausted and with a baby who wouldn't go to sleep until 10:30pm and we got up at 3:30am to catch our flight the next morning.

Truck picked up in Maine, but has an Indiana license plate! We'll be taking it home! Actually, Penske is based in Indy.

Nothing beats an empty truck to play in.

Goofiness with a friend.

Best friends beat each other up.

They were both in drama together, can you tell?

And it begins.

One of our drivers is very handy with drywall.  Thanks, Dan!

Like I said, goofy teens.  Best thing for Benaiah though was to hang with his friends one last time.

Lunch: Gary's favorite, fried chicken!

Nearly full!

All done in under 3 hrs!

Great friends!

Lonely chair where Abishai nursed since he was born.

Last picture in front of the house.

Last meal of seafood chowder.

Jared's last fresh fish and chips.

Little Man is still wired and preaching to us!

FINALLY asleep! In the corner of the hotel room.
That's it for that day...now onto a long day of traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment