Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Friday, June 24, 2016

Day 176 Oh, some of the things we have missed!

Yes! Cheap food! Alid's! Lots of fast food options!  My favorite massage therapist!  Cheap gluten free foods! Cheap milk! Cheap diapers! Ah.....

Anyway, yes, we went grocery shopping at Aldi's, which, for Canadian friends, is kind of like No Frills only they don't carry major brands.  But you do put a quarter into the cart to use it and you do bag your own groceries.  I can be in and out of Aldi's with a huge load in like 30 minutes because there's no guesswork as to which brand is cheapest and there's no need for coupons.  Plus, they have their newer gluten free line PLUS lots of meat like breakfast sausage don't contain wheat flour as their fillers!  Wahoo for me!  Yes, this is a highlight of my day.

Plus I had a great massage by my previous massage therapist (if you need a massage, I can give you her phone number!) Then, Keturah wanted to come see her room, and play with Abishai tonight, so we made sure she got to do that.

I haven't unpacked anything today, but tomorrow I good friend and I should get something done.  I'm trying to think about what the kids did, but they mostly played video games.  I guess Keturah did go to the library with Grandma and the cousins so they could get more reading done for the points and rewards system for the summer reading program.  Justin beat his new video game already.  Benaiah read his history book and watched youtube and played Counterstrike, and finished the day with mowing Grandpa's yard.  Typical day.  At least it was a bit cooler, 84 degrees, with a nice breeze, too.

We're loving our new bar stools and eating at our peninsula!

Salad greens with strawberries, raisins, and mandarin oranges.

Justin with his Minecraft Story game and Keturah watching.

These two have missed each other.

Keturah's turn in the ball pit.

Look, Mom, I'm so big I can't jump on the bed anymore!

Giving big sister a lecture.  This was before he climbed up on the countertop to do a dance.  He is meant for the stage I think like Big Brother Benaiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment