Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Day 181 Beautiful day!

Wow! We had the windows open all day! 82 degrees with a light wind blowing in.  Jared and Benaiah got to run some errands and appointments today, while Justin, Abishai and I hung out at home.  Actually, I took a nap this morning while Abishai napped because he's been getting up so early.  He napped 2 hrs this morning and another 2 1/2 hrs this evening and then went back to bed after only being up for 2 hrs.  I think he's in a growth spurt or something.  He was also clingy to me all day.  It makes it hard to get any other work done when he does that, but I feel like I have time to snuggle now that most things are in place.  We have many other business things to take care of, but they all take 1-2 hrs including driving time in different directions, so it's usually one of those per day.  Licenses, and Abishai's American passport, and the dog needs his shots and a new ID tag.  That kind of stuff.  I wish I could suggest more activities for the kids to do because they tend to play video games all day, or read, or play Lego.  But, with only one car, I can't exactly take off anywhere like to a pool or something.  We will get to go soon enough when these errands are done.  I helped Justin unpack a couple of boxes today, but really, I need to switch some things with our stored things in order to keep going.  That's another errand.  So, one thing a time.

PEI was warmer than Indianapolis this morning!

Downright cold!

A new game Grandma taught him yesterday, hide and seek with the mattress (that needs to go to storage).

Abishai has been lying his head down all day it seems.  And he did this funny scooting with his forward on the rug, while propelling himself forward with his legs.

Abishai's new reading nook.

Ok, this weird fruit tree is growing right beside our garage.  What is it? These are way too small to be apples and it's way too early in the season.  They are very hard, maybe a nut of some sort? Weird!

Abishai learned to ride his bike using his feet on the ground both forwards and backwards today!  He has to stand up to go forwards though.  He kept looking backwards when backing up.  It was so adorable!

A little help from big brother.  We love that we are on a dead end street/square and there's virtually no traffic.  I think only half of the people have cars because I see many get picked up for rides.

Dipping his corn tortilla (which I can eat, thanks Aldi's!) into his salsa.  He wouldn't eat much of the tortilla though.

It was so nice outside, we could have dinner on the porch!

And, our third package to arrive is....a gift and my new memory card!  I upgraded from a 32gig to a 64 gig.  The 32 only lasted me 5 months with the new camera.  So, hopefully this will get me through Christmas.  Yes, we've been in the condo less than two weeks and we've already received 3 packages (we bought ourselves).  We've missed having Amazon Prime shipping and other retailers with little or no shipping costs.
Meanwhile, the girls were up to their own fun on Grandma's deck before and after errands.

Enjoying a treat after errands.

Lots of painting fun!

The three amigos!

Our little artist.

Socks enjoyed the cooler weather,too, and his new found freedom.  He's never been without a chain when he's been outside, and I always felt bad, but we had no choice.  He climbs chain link fencing.  I'm sure he misses us though.

Beautiful doggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment