Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Day 253 Birthday Day 2

I didn't get as many photos today of the boys, but they mainly played video games.  Abishai had plenty of rough housing and toddler tantrums and lots of fruit.  I got our bags ready for Monday homeschool co op.  I worked on getting my iPhone pics uploaded and cleaning up other files.  We went to church, had a snack, and the kids are in bed.  Yup, simple day.

Lots of yummy breakfast choices today!  Abishai used his fork to try to pierce the package of the cinnamon rolls.

This is a battle we will never win.  Abishai was listening to a youtube show or something.  I'm surprised he kept the earphones on.  Cutest baby ever!

The boys borrowed Benaiah's new mini marshmellow blow guns and played in the grass near our balcony.  I had to pull them away from video games for lunch, and Justin tried to encourage his friend to play with Lego, but the friend just wanted to play video games, so that's what they did.






Abishai watched the boys from his lookout on the balcony.  He also had a blast using his gun to shoot the "bad" guys below.

Meanwhile, I'm still struggling with culture shock.  Some days I'm ok, but some days, I see my friends enjoying the Island and I wish I was there with them.  It's not that I don't like my friends here, but I had a mission there.  We went there with a purpose.  Now we are back at home base, but that's what it feels like, home base, not permanent.  Just a stop, while we figure things out.  These are my feelings and thoughts, and I'm not sure the rest of the kids and Jared feel the same way.  At least my head isn't literally spinning anymore!  It might have been an ear infection, it might be the benign positional vertigo, who knows.  It's gone and I now know what to do if it comes back.  It's getting late, so signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment