Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Day 257: Restless

The day started out slow.  I am so tired from the last couple (now 3) days of go go go.  I had to do some clean up in Keturah's room, but did it slowly and steadily while the kids worked on their co op homework.  Justin got enough done, but Keturah protested a bunch and she did need some help.  I couldn't give it to her then.  We had lunch, and Abishai went for his nap.  He woke up 30 minutes later screaming, so I had to take time to calm him down.  He eventually closed his eyes with me stroking him while we laid on the floor.  Then he woke up an hour later, and that was it for the day.  Meanwhile, I had delay fished on Facebook before tackling the kids' lessons.  We only got through the Bible lesson and checking Justin's work.  Then I had to go calm Abishai down and figure out what in the world he would eat.  It ended up being cheerios with marshmellow cereal and raisins.  Oh, and cheese with dippable cracker sticks thing, where he proceeded to only eat the cheese with a spoon.  Soon it was nearing dinner and I had yet to work with Keturah, so we tried to do that while Abishai ate.  Quick dinner and out the door for errands.  Dropped off the stroller to its' home, dropped Justin off at Bible Bowl practice, drove to Meijer near our house while Abishai slept in the car, shopped at Meijer, then had to go get my prescription at the pharmacy.  Well, that was a hassle, too.  Our "insurance" had us down as theirs being a secondary insurance.  Say what?! We don't have another primary insurance!  So I had to pay full price for the most expensive of my medications, gabapentin, again.  Now I have yet another phone call to make that won't happen tomorrow because we have haircuts and school to catch up on.  And among all this, my restless legs have come back with a vengeance.  So I bought more magnesium, a roller bottle of calming oils, and soaked in Epsom salts with oils.  So, that was our day.  Here's a couple of good and cute moments.

I love how little boys love cars and trucks of any type.

Using a spoon to eat the dipping cheese.

Where Abishai napped after I had to rub him to make him fall asleep.

Getting ready for a race!

Very, very precise on his line up.

He even tried to say, "Ready, set, go!" and then pushed the cars away.

Photo taken from the opposite angle of the above pictures.  He lined them up ready to go for the morning.  I had to move them so Daddy wouldn't step on them.
The boys are doing well at Bible Bowl, at least that's the report.  Lots of events going on in the next few weeks with Benaiah's school, youth group, and appointments.  It's going to be busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment