Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Day 271: Rainy and cool

Ok, I'll star the blog post with a happy note.  Yes, one week exactly until my favorite TV show starts up again!  I have to wait to watch the episodes until they post on the internet the next day, but still, exciting times!  They are shooting the 100th episode of Arrow THIS WEEK, which is also the crossover episode with the other 3 shows on the CW, Supergirl, The Flash, and the Legends of Tomorrow.  Why is this important to our blog?  Well, it's a topic of conversation in our house between the kids and I, so, it IS part of who we are, lol.  It's part of the fun we have!

Oh boy, it's been raining on and off all day.  So my brain is foggy and my emotions are well, cool, or a bit downcast.  Nothing in particular is wrong, it's just that kind of day.  Jared didn't know if he'd get to work his construction job today, but he got a few hours in.  It was our normal chaotic morning and school in the afternoon, with Bible class with Grandpa.  Then, I made a round of phone calls to make annual appointments for the eye doctor and dentist, plus some extra ones like getting some basic testing for myself on vitamin levels and liver and thyroid checks etc.  We might not have insurance cards, but we have our insurance numbers.  Then it was off to Bible Bowl and some errands, in the rain, with babies.  Yup!  Fun times!  I didn't really want to go out because I haven't felt great.  Keturah was very mature and did not ask to buy anything at the Dollar Store!  Wahoo!  Although, she started talking about wanting an iPad or tablet.  I told her and Justin that no way are we getting another electronic because a) there are no more outlets to charge things! and b) just no.  we don't need more things that can get on the internet and can get them into trouble.  You can get on the internet through the PS4 and my computer.  So, don't get any ideas Grandma and Grandpa! Nope, nope, nope!

Meanwhile, Abishai is definitely weaning.  He refused to nurse both times today.  I'll keep trying for a few days, just in case I can get one more time to remember this chapter in my life.  I'll probably cry.  I'm not as attached to breastfeeding as I was with the others and have plans at least for the spring that would involve overnights, or at least late nights, and early mornings, so I knew it would have to happen before then.  But bummers.  He's not yet 20 months.

Keturah ran into my room saying, "Look at Abishai!  He wants to wear my hat!"  Abishai actually does like to wear hats sometimes.  What a cutie!

So sad for Mama, baby boy is no longer a baby and is just about weaned.  I'm ready for it, sort of.  Good bye faithful nursing chair.  Lots of hours spent in this chair, listening to the Bible, and then reading the Bible when it became distracting.  Then I'd just stretch as the feedings got shorter and less frequent.  It was one of the last things loaded onto the truck because it was "our chair." It will still sit in our room for those who want to watch our TV.  I might get a few more feeding times with him, but I got just a tiny bit more time with him tonight to be ok if that was the last time.  Those who have breastfed into toddlerhood will definitely understand the sadness I feel.  On the other hand, I'm so ready for this.  One less thing to think about scheduling around.  Abishai is 19 1/2 months.  Benaiah was 7 1/2 months old when he weaned, Justin was 24 months, and Keturah was 22 months.  That equals 6 years! Wow! We've done well despite all kind of issues I won't explain here.  And no, we are NOT having another baby just so I can nurse again.  Nope, no way, we're done.  We are VERY content (unless God determines otherwise of course).  Time to close this chapter for good.  Sigh.
Oh, I did make a yummy shake with lactose free milk, cocoa powder, xylitol, peanut butter powder, and banana.  It actually turned out just right, not too rich, not too many ingredients, hopefully enough protein.  But I'm afraid it's not agreeing with my stomach.  Boo!  Oh, and a little bit of some cappucino mix that was old and probably contained regular milk.  Whoops, probably shouldn't have had that.  I wish I could tolerate everything I'd like to eat.  Those I'm going to ask the doctor for some tests on vitamins, minerals, liver (I take a lot of pain meds, and that hasn't been checked in a few years), and thyroid (which has been checked in the last year, but it doesn't hurt to throw that in there).  Just in case you were curious ;-)  I always believe it's better to get at the root of the problem instead of covering it up or finding relief from it.  I love essential oils, but I want to know why I have headaches and why I have restless legs and why I have aches and pains and not just cover them up.  Hopefully our insurance can cover that.  The humidity I think is bothering my legs and joints.  I'm so stiff in the morning.  But seeing the doctor on Friday will hopefully bring me one step closer to helping some of my ailments.

I'm rambling because I'm tired and there's not much else to report today.

Jared's happy.  He got the fire going!



I do plan on buying this month's Flexi of the Month from Lilla Rose, named Skye (like one of the characters from Marvel's Agents of Shield, but now goes by the name of Daisy) plus next month's Flexi of the Month.  You see, when you are a consultant, you get access to the new Flexi of the Month (and any others they are bringing back or introducing) the day or two before it is on sale to the public.  And if you become a customer, you can get the notice directly from Lilla Rose when everything is available.  You'll understand why I would like the October Flexi of the Month when I unbox it for you in a few days.  Until then, visit the website at:
Melinda Johnson's Lilla Rose page


No comments:

Post a Comment