Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Day 270: Mommy went on an adventure...

...and tried to drag the middle kids along.  Ok, ok, it wasn't a big adventure, but I wanted to see if we could pick some apples off the tree that is right outside our front door!  That's right, we have a crab apple tree to the right of our garage, but there is regular size apple tree (macintosh type apple) just a few yards from the front door of our building.  Most of the apples have fallen, and most of the apple have pits in them, but I still managed to find a few to save.  You see, I wanted the kids to climb up in the tree and get them for me.  Well, apparently I have taught them to be afraid of bees and afraid to get dirty.  It's a great climbing tree, but they weren't going for it!  Hmph.  So, I knew I couldn't really fit between the branches to get up there, I just used a step ladder to find a few of them.  I had long pants and a long sleeve shirt on, so I wasn't as afraid of the bees as I normally would have been.  I just dug in and went for it.  Justin even said, "I'd rather buy apples than pick free ones!" Oh well, at least I tried to get them outside doing something different.

Meanwhile, the morning had been chaotic as always, with me getting distracted with this or that thing instead of making sure they didn't fight and they started on some homework.  Baby did his thing, too, of getting into trouble.  But they did do some school on their own finally, and we were able to have a great Bible and History time this afternoon when Abishai went for his 4 hr nap.  That's two days in a row of 4 hr naps!  Sheesh!  Anyway, I'm proud of Keturah for getting her botany homework done all by herself! Justin was the one who need a kick in the rear to get going.  I can see that he's quickly turning into a distracted teen.  He's also much more annoyed by Keturah's antics and wants to correct her all the time.  Sigh.  At least I know what's coming this time with this puberty thing.  BTW, I loved the "puberty" button in the "Inside Out" movie.  Hilarious!

We also got some park time this evening after eating a supper of leftovers.  I used my FitBit app and discovered that the outer sidewalk around the park is exactly 1/2 of a mile.  Therefore, two rounds and I've got my mile walk in!  I've actually walked 6 times in two weeks which is a new record for me in the last 6 years!  I hope to increase the length of the walk this week if it doesn't rain as much as they are predicting.  At least the temperatures dropped enough to enjoy the outdoors!  A high of 65 today and I even briefly turned on the heat!  We left the window open a little to much and both Justin and I were freezing despite putting on warmer clothes.

My turn for the blender!  Check out all that form!  I used my to go cup and this is just one 8 oz cup of coffee!  Yum!

I still had lots of foam left when I finished my cup, so I had to get out a spoon.  I wonder if using the integral collagen I use makes a difference in the foam.  Hm,...

Who wants to cuddle baby before naptime!

I do! I do! Aww, cute!

This was a math page where she had to add up 3 digit numbers and they would equal 100, 200, 300, or 400.  I told her not to color over the math problem itself, thus all the white circles.  But she did discover that the picture is of pancakes!

When we went over our memory verse for 2016, I decided to make a model kind of like the armor of God model because the verse is Colossians 3:12, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, patience, humility and gentleness (paraphrased here).  Simple, yet, hopefully effective.  I did compliment them on being pretty gentle with their feet when walking through their house because we don't want to be too loud for the neighbor and how they treat Abishai with kindness.  The other traits, well, need loads of work.

Keturah wrote her first song on the piano!  She's only a few pages in Level 1A of Alfred's Basic Beginner Library, but she tried to make her own song!  How cute!  
Wow! It was cold this morning!

Abishai trying to figure out big B's headphone jacks!
FYI, I have more pics for the day, but I'm having trouble uploading them.  I'm going to publish this now and then send a new link when I update it.  Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment