Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Day 260: 105 days left!

Woah! 105 days left in the year!  What's your story going to be?  Mine, well, some days, I just want this year to be over and done with.  It's been a long and complicated one.  Sigh.

So, here's a couple of fun ones for today.

First, Justin had been on his favorite video game last night and saw some of his youth leaders on it and they set a time to play together at 8:30am this morning.  He set his alarm for 7:30am, ate his breakfast, got his math lesson and history assignment done, and was ready to go by 8:30am.  He got to play for 2 hrs with them!  He was so excited that he even told his other youth leaders tonight when he saw them at church.  It's a game called "Destiny" which is a first person shooting game.  Jared approved it, and I haven't seen anything horrible in it.  It's definitely more science fiction than it is real life though.

Second, I guess this isn't a fun story, but just a feeling of accomplishment that I taught the middles their second piano lesson of the year! Just like riding a bike, the memories came back of how I taught about a dozen kids the basics way back in the day.  That's the goal.  I want my kids to be able to read music, and I think piano is the best instrument to learn that on.  Then they can pick up any instrument, learn the fingering and mouth placement or what have you, and away they go.  I use Alfred's Basic Beginner Library and I want them to get through Level 2 if possible.  I use the lesson book, the ear training book (because I wasn't taught any ear training, plus my home piano was never tuned, so my ears are not that good), and theory (wasn't taught this per se either, but I think it's helpful).  The recital and duet books are fun to have on hand as well.

And the rest of the day's stories are below.

Jared took baby in with him for a very early (10:30am early) nap.  They slept for 2 hrs despite the other noises around the house and me at my computer next to him.  Little man won't sleep near or with his mama at all.  Daddy is blessed with these kind of snuggles.

Little man wanted to take a nap on the kitchen rug.  Keturah decided to join him.

This is how he scooted around and slept on Keturah's floor the other night.  Crazy sleeper!

What? Is he 7 months old again?  He was rolling around like an infant!  I think he's very sensory oriented (is that a term?) like he's picky about textures when eating, needs a lot of touches throughout the day (hugs and  wrestles), and does stuff like this where he rubs his head across the carpet.  We just find it all amusing.

One thing he likes is any kind of dip!  This time, he saw Justin get out a Chick Fil A honey mustard dip and wanted to try it.  He didn't have anything to dip into it but his finger, but he did it multiple times before handing it back to Justin.

No comments:

Post a Comment