Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Day 267: An off day

I woke up with a headache today, so I'm grateful we didn't have to do any school today.  I ate some of the caramel apples yesterday, and I think sugar is what triggers my headaches.  Boo!  I'm getting tired of discovered more things that affect how I feel so negatively.  So, I tried to stay awake and prep for co op, and then had a nap.  Therefore, no pictures were taken until church tonight.  Be sure to read through to the end, there's a sweet surprise!

Yup, I am king of the pews!  Yes, that's Abishai on a pew, per usual.

The man child playing this goofy, mindless game of using a half filled water bottle to do tricks, maybe to make it stand up?  I don't know.  It's all the rage at youth group apparently.

Hm,....what's that #18 represent?  T-shirt also worn by the man-child at this age.

Oh yeah, it's Peyton Manning when he played for the Colts.  Huge deal here in Indianapolis back in the day!

Big man, little boy, per usual.

Abishai discovered a "new" toy in Keturah's toy box.  His matchbox cars fit perfectly in it.  So, it's his new thing he carries everywhere so he can carry around his car friends, who like to eat with him, play video games with him, etc.

Meanwhile, I let Abishai into the school room, and this fun happened.  It's just some foam letters you can string onto a plastic string we've had since Benaiah was like 3 or 4.  He at first tried putting them back on the table, but then decided it was more fun throwing them on the floor.

Jared told Keturah to keep herself busy while she waited for her turn on the tv.  This is the result.  She glued pegs to a piece of paper.  They are stuck on pretty well, and some of the glue seeped through and the paper was almost permanently stuck to the table!  Oops!

I'm definitely disappointed that my blender didn't arrive today.  The tracking info said it should have been delivered.  Also, our LootCrate, which is filled with some fun comic book goodies could have arrived today, but says it will come on Monday.  You see, the LootCrate arrived in Indy on Thursday. It was transferred from FedEx to the USPS finally today.  Why did it need to sit in a FedEx warehouse for two days?  We don't know.  Oh well, hopefully when we come home from co op we'll have some goodies to open on Monday.  Meanwhile, this DID arrive today, a veggie spiralizer to make veggie noodles!  I'm fresh out of zucchinis, but I think I'll try it on carrots and a butternut squash tomorrow.

And finally, the best part of the day was this:



He can say his name!

Best surprise ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment