Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Day 275: Day 3 of the 5 day marathon!

Phew! We had to get up early again to make it to the 9:15am church service this morning since we missed the 5:30pm service last night.  Plus we had to attend a baby dedication class at the 11am service so we could participate in Baby Dedication with Abishai on October 30th.  Everyone is welcome!  It's at 3:30 at Indian Creek Christian Church.  It's a simple ceremony where we promise to bring our child up in the church and in a Christian home.  The class was just to make sure we are taking it seriously.  There were lots of younger parents in there with their first or second child.  I definitely agreed with one video they showed about keeping the end in mind, because well, we are quickly coming to the end of parenting the oldest.  Ah! But there's so much more work to do!  Or watch happen as Benaiah matures.

Anyway, then it was home for lunch, naps, dinner.  Then back to church for youth group and choir practice.  And tomorrow is homeschool co op as usual.  And Tuesday, Keturah has a 9am dentist appointment and then Abishai gets his 18 month shots.  THEN we can relax on Wednesday.

In the meantime, I'm in a ton of pain from yesterday, so please pray that some healing will take place tonight.  I took as much pain medication as I'm allowed including 3 different kinds today, the pain was that bad.  I had a hard time sitting still in church or the class.  It's just the price I pay for big events and why I usually allow for a day or two in between these events for recovery.  Hopefully I won't wake up in the middle of the night from pain tonight like I did last night.

Oh, here's a GREAT funny moment today.  At the beginning of the service today, we were told to greet each other and be brave (for us introverts who don't like this kind of exercise like me) about it.  The couple in front of us asked us how long we've gone to the Creek!  Jared's answer was, "Awhile." I almost snorted but mumbled, "Much more than awhile."  Then I calculated it and came up with that Jared has been going to the Creek for 27 years.  If we had said that to this couple, I think their eyes would have widened up.  It's strange that in just 4 short years so many people don't know who we are and who we are connected to.  Even the nursery minister that did the class didn't know we were related to Dr. Gary Johnson.  It's just weird.  I'm used to being known.  And that was the point of the exercise.  But at the same time, I really don't want to make too many new friends yet because I feel like we are still in transition and haven't truly settled yet.  I don't want to leave behind any new friends if we move out of state again.  I don't mind rekindling old friendships.  I've got friends that say hi in the hallways as we pass each other.  Thank goodness for Facebook where I have been able to keep up with them.  Although, in person, their kids seem so much bigger than their pictures on Facebook.

I'm rambling, but it was just an odd experience.  One day at a time.

I almost didn't get Abishai up from his nap in time to make it to choir practice on time!  He had to eat his "dinner' at the church.  Chicken nuggets!  But he enjoyed waving to everyone as they came up the ramp to go upstairs for choir practice.

He also enjoyed playing with the youth group's big ball when they weren't using it.  I just love any picture where the big Daddy or Big Benaiah is standing next to little guy Abishai.  Such a contrast and yet, there are so many similarities.  By the way, Abishai has 18 month clothing on and they are huge!!  That's my little guy who probably weighs about 22 lbs.  Maybe.  With clothes on, lol.  Oh and he has a new word for "pickles."  I think it's something like "bo-bo."  I think I'm going to get a big jar of pickles to wrap and put under the tree as a gift to him for Christmas.  That's how much he loves pickles!

We got home first tonight, and had to put away Keturah's bike and get some grocery items out of the garage fridge, so the kids got to play for a minutes in the dark.  At least there are a lot of lights around.

Little guy, big racket.

Kind of dark, eh?
Signing off, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment