Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Day 289: Relax

Ah, nice!  We got up later than we usually do and started the day off nice and slow for once.  I had warned the kids that we can take it slow, but we had some cleaning up and prep work to do for the week.  They obliged quite easily.  So, bags are packed for co op, homework is done, laundry and dishes are caught up, and the kids learned to clean bathrooms (sinks, mirrors, toilets).  Success!  I prepped for my co op class, took a nap, and puttered with some other stuff.  We made a short trip to Meijer for a few things, like those glue board things for mice.  I have a nasty headache, but I'm detoxing from sugar, and trying not to take my prescription pain medication as often because a) I get hot flashes with it and b) yes, there's this nice withdrawal symptom of a headache and c) the doctor only gave me a short prescription so I'm stretching it out.

Meanwhile, J2 and B had a restful day with movies and swimming and even some tennis!

Big Boy plays tennis on a nice, warm California day!  Oh wait, it's going to be pretty hot here in the next couple of days, like 85 degrees F!



Learning to clean bathroom mirrors, sinks, and toilets.

Abishai may or may not have propped this book up like this.

However, he most certainly propped it up like this so he could use his hand for other things while he read and could zoom a car near it when he got to this page.

How many bowls does one picky toddler need?  He wants them all, and then pushes them all away.  He doesn't know what he wants!

Can YOU squat like this?  Abishai crawls into my lap and then climbs up on the keyboard pull out drawer to get closer to the computer.  Crazy boy!
A tent at church.

We stopped at Gary and Leah's last night to check on the house and say hi to Socks.  Poor doggie misses his family.

All dressed up for fall.

I bet this driveway hasn't seen much basketball action in the last 10 or so years.
Yes, they can all play basketball now in the Hoosier state, which is known for it's basketball (and corn and other things).

Rub a dub dub.

Apparently, Mommy takes the kids to see the fishes and Daddy takes the kids to see the cars.  I usually zoom right past because I don't want Abishai whining after them.  Thankfully, he behaved today and even waved good bye to them when they were done playing with them.

Yes, when THEY were done playing with them.  They being Jared, Justin, and Abishai.  Ok, then.  We also stood in line between just two other shoppers for at least 15 minutes because our checkout lady was slow.  She was older and sounded hoarse and we felt bad.  But I don't think I've ever had to wait that long at Meijer with all the checkout lanes open and just two people in front of me.  At least Abishai and Jared got to make faces at the baby in the cart in front of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment