Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Day 215: At Home

As much as we like going places and seeing new things, it's great to have a day when the van doesn't have to be turned on.  Oh wait, it was turned on today!  Justin had a dentist appt at 8am.  The dentist confirmed his loose tooth was a baby tooth and lo, and behold, he just came in my room with it in his hand! The tooth fairy is going broke! But otherwise, we stayed home, doing our normal thing.  Jared worked on his computer, and I worked on mine.  I finished up 2 out of 3 homeschool planners from last year.  I'm kind of glad that I will only be filling out 2 instead of 3 this year.  I just set aside typing it all up because it was only 6 weeks worth and I had no idea which pages the middles had done while they were with Grandma.  So, those are caught up.  I'm not sure what to do with the actual books though, because they weren't "finished" and they will both be doing different language art books this coming year.  Keturah will continue with her same math book, as her level is not being taught at the co op.  Justin finished his math book, but I'm not sure if he will be joining the kids at co op or doing his own at home.  It just depends on what level we decide on for the other kids.  History is on me to do, although they are teaching Indiana state history at co op.  And they are doing botany at co op, so science will be covered just fine.  They both read a ton, so I'm not worried about it.  I'd like to do a poetry tea time one day a week though.  It will be an interesting year.

ANYWAY, I'm sure you're tired of hearing about homeschooling.  August is THE month though to start gearing up and getting things ready.  Speaking of ready, I couldn't do any of the physical book moving around today because my back hurt a ton from yesterday's excursion and sitting at my desk,too.  I was so tired, that during Abishai's 3 hr nap, and the other kids' 3 hrs of electronics, I took a 1 1/2 hr nap!  But it was a productive day full of normal stuff like dishes, laundry, cooking, playing, screaming, dumping stuff, climbing, snuggling, etc.  And Abishai motioned "All Done!"  Yeah!  And he loves closing doors.  He can be on either side of the closed door too!

Crazy smile she made on her toaster strudel.

He ate the whole nectarine and didn't want to give up the pit to me!

Abishai keeps taking off the wall track, so I had Justin bring up the other matchbox car tracks we have.  They had a blast and Abishai easily figured it out!

I used coconut flour with an egg wash to fry our fish in tonight.  Yum!  I didn't eat the potato cake though since it's not on my current diet plan.

Gathering up cars to go down the track.

Ready, set, go!

I told the kids that they needed to do a perfect pick up in their rooms (get everything off the floor instead of pushing it to the side).  Keturah asked if she could vacuum her room all by herself!  She also rearranged a few things when she was done.

Playing peek a boo with the door.

Keturah put this toy in front of the plug to try to prevent Abishai from playing with it.

Toddler toes.  Toddler is throwing lots of terrible 2's tantrums, too!
Justin thought this was funny!  It was on a custom breastplate.  But I explained to him that the word "righteous" kind of meant "cool" in the 80's or 90's.  So, yes, a dirty diaper wasn't "cool," but "righteous" or "wicked."  Anyway, some kind of adjective.  Still, it was funny that it stuck to Abishai's diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment